Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I used to love watching soccer.

I don’t know what happened but I caught two EPL games this past weekend and was bored out of my mind. It’s been a few years since I’ve actively watched. Over the years I’ve gotten more into football (American) and it was hard watching to the half of both matches. I swear soccer used to have more shots on goal. The play I watched was robotic, overly defensive, lacking passion and aggression. It was just triangle passes over and over. I’m not sure if this is due to analytics or me just now adjusted to football athleticism and speed or what. I watch football game and I see these guys killing themselves just to make a down. I saw the Texans and Giants game and seeing a big dude chase down a running back showed the type of grit and tenacity I like to see in sports. The EPL matches had none of that.

I used to roll my eyes when people said soccer was boring but I really understood them watching these matches.

I’m not sure if it’s because I haven’t watched in a while and wasn’t used to watching the pace anymore, or if Euro football has transitioned into a gutless variety of the sport, or if I just prefer football now. I watched a 49ers vs Saints off season game last night and had a blast. Neither of which is my team and one team in particular (49ers) is my teams rival. This wasn’t even an official nfl game and it’s still the preseason. A preseason nfl game was better than the two EPL matches I watched yesterday. Ouch.

I googled why I couldn’t get into it and apparently other soccer fans are feeling similar.

I saw this video on YouTube.

So is it changes to the sport or is soccer just not my thing anymore.

You're right. BUT English football needed this type of death by a thousand cuts attempted football revolution. The game was neglected for far too long (decades. Stanley Matthews was complaining about it in 1950) which in turn had long term effect on what type of players that got produced. Run all day goal scoring b2b midfielder can be produced easily. Press resistant directing tempo setting type of midfielder not so much if at all.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps

Guess the league is already wrapped up then.

Him not being in Flick's plans is BS
They probably cant pay his wages. WHy did they give him so much money in the first place
They should've sold Frenkie to United and get some money from that deal. He's always injured and he underachieved at Barca.
Pep is one lucky MFer... Gundo can rly pick up the slack when KDB is injured. He was in God mode in the last part of the season when City won the UCL

DrHackenbush

Happy wars/sad love songs
Daps
Football today is boring as fukk compared to the early 2000's. You can literally be technically average but if you're strong and fast and can pass a 10 yard pass you can have a decent career

AFTV back though, Robbie arguing with Yardman about who's a better manager, Arteta or Emery :mjlol:

Now Robbies on the inside he wont say a bad word about Arteta, Emery is leagues above him as a manager

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Football today is boring as fukk compared to the early 2000's. You can literally be technically average but if you're strong and fast and can pass a 10 yard pass you can have a decent career

AFTV back though, Robbie arguing with Yardman about who's a better manager, Arteta or Emery :mjlol:

Now Robbies on the inside he wont say a bad word about Arteta, Emery is leagues above him as a manager
these man OBSESSED with Emery and not just the aftv guys ,arsenal fans in general..God help us if arsenal win this weekend :sadcam: :francis:

Last edited:

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This Ugarte shyt is Amrabat all over again :mjlol:

lot of MU fans just echo what those youtubers say