Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

henry-thierry-henry.gif

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Nah, He should be nowhere near the team. I thought he contributed to the poor shape of the attack as we looked 100% better once he went off. We also have so many options in attack that we dont need him anymore tbh.
Senior Man don’t make my best XI but he wasn’t the problem tonight :manny:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Senior Man was decent, least of our problems :francis:

Not in the slightest. There’s a reason he can’t get a game at LC. He missed a clear chance to put lookman in for the 1v1 after Lookman played him for the 1-2. I was livid when KC played it out wide instead.

Once Chuks came in it was a different ball game. There was more space because Chuks actually stayed wide. That’s how the 1-2 with Yusuf came about.

For me, next match should be (assuming all fit)

Nwabili
Tanimu—Bassey—Ndidi—Osayi
Onyeka—Yusuf
Iwobi
Bashiru—Boniface—Lookman

Chuks, Moffi first up from an attacking sense. Onyedika for more legs in the midfield. Ajayi for more defensive solidity. Maybe Tella if others are tired.

Paul and KC need to be phased out. Umar Sadiq as well.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Excuse my ignorance but I don’t pay attention to soccer unless it’s the Atlanta United. I know about the big European clubs but that’s about it..

I saw Madrid won the champions league..so they have a history of winning like the Yankees, Celtics, Lakers etc? I know Ronaldo doesn’t play for them anymore I thought they’d fall off

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Not in the slightest. There’s a reason he can’t get a game at LC. He missed a clear chance to put lookman in for the 1v1 after Lookman played him for the 1-2. I was livid when KC played it out wide instead.

Once Chuks came in it was a different ball game. There was more space because Chuks actually stayed wide. That’s how the 1-2 with Yusuf came about.

For me, next match should be (assuming all fit)

Nwabili
Tanimu—Bassey—Ndidi—Osayi
Onyeka—Yusuf
Iwobi
Bashiru—Boniface—Lookman

Chuks, Moffi first up from an attacking sense. Onyedika for more legs in the midfield. Ajayi for more defensive solidity. Maybe Tella if others are tired.

Paul and KC need to be phased out. Umar Sadiq as well.
The elephant in the room is our guy doesn’t know what he’s doing and I get we wanna skirt around that because of who he is, 3 matches I’ve seen nothing and I mean literally nothing he’s just sending 11 nikkas out there for fun and games :hubie:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
The elephant in the room is our guy doesn’t know what he’s doing and I get we wanna skirt around that because of who he is, 3 matches I’ve seen nothing and I mean literally nothing he’s just sending 11 nikkas out there for fun and games :hubie:
Harsh. This is his first competitive match isn't it?

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Excuse my ignorance but I don’t pay attention to soccer unless it’s the Atlanta United. I know about the big European clubs but that’s about it..

I saw Madrid won the champions league..so they have a history of winning like the Yankees, Celtics, Lakers etc? I know Ronaldo doesn’t play for them anymore I thought they’d fall off
These bums are the CL.

No matter what they will always be favourites.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Harsh. This is his first competitive match isn't it?
It’s not harsh, he played 7 at the back against Mali in a friendly :why: there was no plan today :why: of course we would all love him to be another Big Boss may he rip, took too soon from us :mjcry: he’s not and it’s part of the problem that we think this nonsense is ok :francis:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
@THEREALBRAND take it easy on us on Saturday
uruguay gave us the dikk already :skip:

I’m going to be in the building tomorrow, so I’m hoping the score is so bad that we get some beer bottles thrown at players and drunk pitch invaders by the half.

I’ve been training for months in preparation of your cousins trying to act up out there.

alex-pereira-pereira-ufc.gif

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal

real madrid are the new england patriots. stars take a discount to go play for em. They just went and got mbappe, imagine if the pats replaced brady with mahomes a few years later