Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Arteta's lack of trust in the midfield has let us down in the end.

Really that's the only reason why Kai plays in the midfield today and not up top.

The only other midfielder he trusts is Jorginho, who was never going to start Today cause he's starting against Bayern and can't play more than one game a week.

We have Viera who he paid 35m for and he has barely used him this year.
ESR who only got his first start in forever because it was Luton.
Partey who just doesn't seem fit enough to contribute substantially this season.
Elneny is Elneny.

I liked some of Kai's runs from midfield but he was sloppy once he was in good positions.
He wasn't bad but once we lost control of the game we should have moved him up top.

He's a liability in those situations. He just doesn't get himself on the ball enough.

Jesus has literally came out and said he is basically injured and is just managing till the end of the season.
I don't think in that condition he should be starting any games right now.
It’s not a lack of trust. None of them are good options.

Vieira was a bad buy. We signed him too early.

Partey should have been sold last summer. He is finished.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
I watched Jesus at City and he never seemed this dynamic. Either due to Pep limiting his creative freedom or/and lack of playing time.

What you say now?

Jesus is Jesus. Moving to London not gonna change him. I rated the player but he has mental blocks.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Nah. Leicester was only in the Prem for 2 years and finished bottom half the season before. I don't even think Leicester had as stacked of a squad outside of Kante and Vardy.
I fully agree. Can’t forget Mahrez da Gawd tho. That Leicester side had some talent actually :patrice:

It all came together for them at the right time

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
What you say now?

Jesus is Jesus. Moving to London not gonna change him. I rated the player but he has mental blocks.
Jesus is not the problem. I don’t care…he doesn’t pick himself as our number 9. He’s a useful crafty player that can play in all forward phases but needs to be around actual finishers. I wish we had an Alexis or RvP in this team. It’s been too long since Arsenal has had a monster up front

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Maybe we should all just sit and be thankful we have the privilege of watching the best footballers on the best coached team under the best organization of all time that we assuredly will be telling our grandchildren about :yeshrug:

I'm gonna wait to see what happens this summer with the 115 charges.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I said it earlier this season and I will say it again. Despite the fact I clown him. Ten Hag would do better with this squad than Arteta.

He would at least have asked for a striker in January.

1. With ETH there's no chance they'd be the best defensive team in the EPL.

2. There were no strikers available that could've improved the team. Toney has scored only 4 goals since he returned and none in the last 2 months.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
My man, Diaz has the propensity of suddenly missing chances he usually scores when it matters,losing the ball all when we need him...Núñez just can't finish....ur not gonna get 10 chances every game to score one. A Kane if he gets a quality chance he's scoring.

Kane has won nothing. The only forward Liverpool have that needs replacing is Gakpo.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
La Liga and Serie A likely having a different champion, BL has a diff champion. Them farmers in EPL and Uber eats same story every year :mjlol:

MU have a lot to answer for.

Let city just take over. Let city win the treble last year. MIA again (so far) this year.

:picard:

INEOS need to start making hard decisions and even then Nice isn't doing that great in France.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn this loss really has to be hurting for you to say that :picard:

ETH somehow currently has three forwards (Amad, Garnacho and Antony) that play on the same wing all upset at him. Sancho already been shipped off to Dortmund and Rashford on the left wing just jogging around.

I can't even imagine the fukkery ETH would incite with Martinelli, Trossard, Saka, Odegaard, ESR, Kai, Jesus and Nketiah.

Also I can already see a one man Jorginho midfield with the nearest teammate 25 yards away from him.

This is an insane comment lol

1. With ETH there's no chance they'd be the best defensive team in the EPL.

2. There were no strikers available that could've improved the team. Toney has scored only 4 goals since he returned and none in the last 2 months.

I said what I said.

:mjcry:

At this stage even Big Sam would have had us 6 points clear....yeah I said it. fukk ARTETA. Hope he chokes on paella...

:mjcry: