Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A nice uneventful win today will do lads thanks.
giphy.gif

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Set piece goals, boring football and a dead crowd. :russell:

Even Pulis would try and squeeze a flair player into the 11 to give the fans a lil sumn.

Wenger somewhere disgusted at the football being served at the house he built.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let’s get some silverware first before critiquing the style of play. Rather play ugly and win than play beautiful empty handed.
Nah, we can critique their style of play and it's effectiveness. We have an issue with finishing. We can't gl9ss over that.

I don't mind winning ugly, but I am not going to close my eyes and pretend we are OK.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Nah, we can critique their style of play and it's effectiveness. We have an issue with finishing. We can't gl9ss over that.

I don't mind winning ugly, but I am not going to close my eyes and pretend we are OK.
Oh believe me, I’ve been Arteta’s harshest critic. But a Chelsea fan whose glory years were mainly under a defensive Jose, cannot have the audacity to make such comments. Especially considering their current season.

And Arsenal have been guilty of playing beautiful football with minimal returns. I’m happy to take the ugly route if it leads to major trophies. But yes, the striker situation does need to be addressed.

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps

When your on a winning drought you take any win you can.

Once you actually start picking up points you can start worrying about style of play.

We battered West Ham and should have been around 3 up again Pool in the FA cup by half time. We haven't even looked that bad recently just haven't managed to score.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

Once you actually start picking up points you can start worrying about style of play.

We battered West Ham and should have been around 3 up again Pool in the FA cup by half time. We haven't even looked that bad recently just haven't managed to score.
Only played bad at Fulham.

The other matches—both Liverpool, west Ham, Villa—we played well but couldn’t finish.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh believe me, I’ve been Arteta’s harshest critic. But a Chelsea fan whose glory years were mainly under a defensive Jose, cannot have the audacity to make such comments. Especially considering their current season.

And Arsenal have been guilty of playing beautiful football with minimal returns. I’m happy to take the ugly route if it leads to major trophies. But yes, the striker situation does need to be addressed.

OK brehs. The Christmas collapse still has me fukking pissed.
My apologies.