Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Screenshot-2023-12-11-at-10-58-58.png

:picard:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Sure, he doesnt. Its not like they will sack him or anything but, idk. if they dont win nothing this season... players might leave to other teams who have a bigger chance of winning tophies

I think ppl rate Arteta to high :yeshrug:sure, he made Arsenal a competitive club again but the way they lost the Trophy last season :martin:
The only way he can redeem himself is by winning it in the near future. I mean Chelsea and United will get their shyt together sooner or later, it's gonna be harder and harder to win it

The Kroenke's don't get rid of coaches unless there is an no improve (Emery)/continual decline (Wenger) or the situation becomes toxic. (Jeff Fisher) Obviously it helps when your coaches win the NFL NBA and NHL titles. McVay won in season 5 Bedmar won in season 6 Malone won in season 8

If most people had their way Mike Malone would of been fired long before the Nuggets won the title.

Arteta is safe till 24/25.

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps
Sure, he doesnt. Its not like they will sack him or anything but, idk. if they dont win nothing this season... players might leave to other teams who have a bigger chance of winning tophies

I think ppl rate Arteta to high :yeshrug:sure, he made Arsenal a competitive club again but the way they lost the Trophy last season :martin:
The only way he can redeem himself is by winning it in the near future. I mean Chelsea and United will get their shyt together sooner or later, it's gonna be harder and harder to win it
I think Arteta is safe and deservedly so. He has turned Arsenal around from the dark place our club was in for the last decade +. The next phase is major trophies. He will get there.

Klopp has been at Liverpool since 2015 and has one league title. Imagine someone saying that he should be fired for his “failure” in the league. That would be ridiculous to say. Klopp gets the credit and respect he deserves for bringing a legendary club out of the darkness and for what he has accomplished with the club.

Arteta has the potential to do the same with Arsenal (of course, not guaranteed at all). Last season isn’t the end all be all regardless of how disappointing it was for Arsenal fans. If you fire him, who comes in that guarantees immediate success?

And Chelsea and United aren’t getting anything together anytime soon. United is a shadow of themselves since Sir Alex left and have no direction whatsoever. Chelsea don’t look like they will accomplish anything even if they spend another £1 billion over the next 2 transfer windows. Both clubs are on the fast track to their dark days.

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Welcome to the rest of our reality my friend :mjgrin:

And here I was thinking you were just a delusional spurs fan. Forgive me bro. I will go back to lurking in peace.
There's no space for anyone else to bask in delusion when you retarded gooners have fulfilled the whole quota :mjgrin:

Noted you have no disagreement to the rest of my points, friend :mjgrin:

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps
There's no space for anyone else to bask in delusion when you retarded gooners have fulfilled the whole quota :mjgrin:

Noted you have no disagreement to the rest of my points, friend
:mjgrin:
You got it bro. You made enough points to win the argument, my friend.

Maybe one day your club will get enough points to win the league :mjgrin: