Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Was this how it felt watching a young Messi or Ronaldo cause I fukking love watching this kid…
I don’t think so. While Messi and CRo were phenomenal, neither really embraced the big stage the same way Jude has in Madrid at a similar age.

Jude is playing like an 8-yr veteran at Madrid even though he’s been there for under 5 months. Like he’s not even phased by the weight of the shirt.

To me, Messi never had that aura of “I’m the big dog” that Jude has right now (might also be stature since Jude is like 6’1 and Messi is 5’7).

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I don’t think so. While Messi and CRo were phenomenal, neither really embraced the big stage the same way Jude has in Madrid at a similar age.

Jude is playing like an 8-yr veteran at Madrid even though he’s been there for under 5 months. Like he’s not even phased by the weight of the shirt.

To me, Messi never had that aura of “I’m the big dog” that Jude has right now (might also be stature since Jude is like 6’1 and Messi is 5’7).

I rather have Messi's career outcome than some aura shyt u talking about :dahell:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I rather have Messi's career outcome than some aura shyt u talking about :dahell:
We aren’t talking about career here. Simply, did Messi and CR7 have this level of attention on them when they were Jude’s age.

Career achievement was never once in question if you look at the original prompt…

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps

Ronaldo not embracing the big stage :mjlol:

Messi just autistic but he was bossing matches already as well

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:skip:

Ten Hag defends ‘second best keeper in the league’ Onana
Erik ten Hag has defended André Onana by saying Manchester United’s beleaguered goalkeeper is the second-best in the Premier League, citing his “expected prevented goals”.
Onana again made crucial errors in Wednesday’s 3-3 draw at Galatasaray in the penultimate Champions League group game, the 27-year-old at fault for two of the Turkish champions’ goals. This followed mistakes that cost goals against Bayern Munich and Copenhagen in the competition.
Ten Hag said: “If you analyse it well then you see he is the second-best goalkeeper in the Premier League based on stats: his expected prevented goals is second-best. He’s doing well but he knows that in the Champions League he has made some mistakes but overall in the first five months [since signing] he has done well.”
Luton’s Thomas Kaminski heads the prevented goals rankings with 6.3, and Onana is second with 3.7. Ten Hag praised the Cameroonian’s character. He said: “You have seen how he is reacting to a bad performance like in Munich – at Burnley he was outstanding [in the next game in a 1-0 win]. He is a strong character, he is a personality and he will deal with it.”

@TobiOT

@BelieveBeOK

@Ill-Yaz

@Gilver

I may be wrong, but I feel this metric is moreso a sign of how porous my defense is than how good the keeper may be.

Ten hag running psyops

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
We aren’t talking about career here. Simply, did Messi and CR7 have this level of attention on them when they were Jude’s age.

Career achievement was never once in question if you look at the original prompt…
Cmon man that's not true. Messi was younger than Bellingham is now when he scored the hat-trick in the the el classico. And Maradona crowned him as his heir before the 2006 world cup the year before when he was 17. Didnt Dinho say he was gonna be better than all of us after his first game or something. Messi hype was crazy since young

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Ronaldo not embracing the big stage :mjlol:

Messi just autistic but he was bossing matches already as well

He's talking about the personality and charisma and leadership. Like when Jude bullied Joselu to celebrate towards the fans. Or when Vini Jr got sourrounded Bellingham got inbetween the opps and moved Vini away from getting into trouble. Or that Bellingham took what was suppose to be Vini Jr's team and made his team within a couple of months.

Kinda like how Rice has added to Arsenal. Its not just the performance it how they go about their work.