Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
There's always an official who tries to strong arm the players. Seen it happen with West Indies cricket in the past.

The Jamaican women‘s football team refused to play just last month over mistreatment and not getting paid. The players were asking for their World Cup bonuses and the JFF were like “We nuh have dat :hubie:

Last edited:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The football federations are just as much to blame as the players are. :mjpls:

You have to ask yourself how the phuck does Mohamed Kallon only play 39 times in a 17 year international career?

Cause it's Sierra Leone, fukk face. We've participated in 1 whole Tournament for my entire life.

We play a couple off qualifying games, lose, and that's it, on to the next year. You think we got funds to organize friendlies.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Cause it's Sierra Leone, fukk face. We've participated in 1 whole Tournament for my entire life.

We play a couple off qualifying games, lose, and that's it, on to the next year. You think we got funds to organize friendlies.

So this didn't happen?

Sierra Leone's star striker Mohamed Kallon has claimed his nation's FA (SLFA) is trying to end his international career because of football politics.

The former Inter Milan player was speaking after failing to make the West Africans' squad for next month's Nations Cup qualifier against South Africa.

"I'm not surprised at the decision because I know it's politically motivated," the 30-year-old told BBC Sport.

"I know the Leone Stars coach Christian Cole was under serious pressure from the SLFA not to invite me.

"They want to get rid of me because they think I'm a threat to them whenever I'm around the Leone Stars."

Their problem with me is that they know I won't allow them to do things the way they want, and which are not good for the team."

"SLFA boss Nahim Khadi knows I don't support the way he runs the game in Sierra Leone - and because of this, he'll do all in his power to see me out."

Khadi has hit back by saying no SLFA executive member nor himself have any role in selecting players for any Sierra Leone squad.

The Leone Stars host 2010 World Cup hosts South Africa in Freetown on 10 October.

"I'm not the coach and like the other executive members, I don't select players," Khadi told BBC Sport.

"We've given the coach a free hand to do his work."

"Kallon is a small boy to me, so how can he be a threat?

"If he thinks he's a king and I'm not running the game well, let him come up to contest the SLFA presidency with me."

Kallon, who is now based in China, ruled himself out of Sierra Leone's opening 2012 Nations Cup qualifier against Egypt earlier this month citing fitness problems.

As the accusations continue, coach Cole claims Kallon never informed him of his return to full fitness - a claim the former Sierra Leone captain vehemently denies.

"It's not true what Cole has said: I spoke to him on the phone and told him that I'm now fully fit," the striker explained.

Kallon last played for the national team when playing against Nigeria in Abuja in 2008 during qualifiers for this year's World Cup in South Africa.

Coincidentally, his last international goal came against South Africa when the former AS Monaco man converted a penalty in another 2010 World Cup qualifier.

Kallon - whose wide-ranging career has taken him from Italy to France to Greece and now China via the Middle East - scored his sixth goal for leading Chinese side Shaanxi Chanba over the weekend.

Last edited:

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

3 of the 4 don't play in a farmer's league
b.png

• Haha
Reactions: s@n

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
United brehs...Mason Mount is injured. oh no :damn: what are we going to do? :beli:

:troll:

3 of the 4 don't play in a farmer's league
b.png
Actually 2 out of 4 play in a farmer's league. and 1 of the 2 who don't play in a farmer's league is because nobody wants most of the players who play in that league :russ: