Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
F-hLkZ9XEAAq5I_

:why:

TF are you calling Umar Sadiq for? Replace him for another midfielder. We’re already stacked at CF and Sadiq’s poor this season.

Uzoho gotta go,too.

Need at least 2 more midfielders in that list. Why not call up Bashiru. Aribo should not be smelling that call up list, he’s averaging 17 mins per game and has only started one match all season.

Pinnock is not serious at NFF. Mans gotta go
I can’t remember the last time we had a squad with the required number of midfielders, we talking years :francis: whoever making these decisions and we know it’s not Jose we can’t be surprised no more it’s a constant :francis:

Sadiq and Moffi can both :camby:

I’d like to see Fredrick being introduced this break, getting him in and around the team and being a part of the AFCON squad but we know the NFF doesn’t do forward planning :francis:

Pinnock ain’t even around no more, politics and NFF bullshyt is a cancer and holds us back but you know this my Naija :francis:

All that said it’s Lesotho and Zimbabwe :scust: we should come away with the 6 points regardless and I’m still feeling good about bringing gold home inspite of the bullshyt if we have the 2 Victors cause nobody is coping with that firepower :whew: let’s do it again :blessed:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I guess you could say this game was Liverpool’s……

Toulouse.

david-caruso-glasses-on.gif

YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!
I've been teasing my Liverpool friend all day with Toulouse jokes.

On a separate note, played soccer again for the 2nd time in a month after not playing for 4+ years. Sprained my achilles :(. Turf field, trying to decide if I just change to flats or turf cleats...that turf field has like no give man

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Botafogo throwing away the title worse than Arsenal did

Nah it's a wrap after Palmeiras lost this Wednesday, title race was finished after that, Botafogo is still gonna win mainly because everybody else right behind is gonna fold eventually.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
All Manchester United need is a direct of football
weve never played any other type of football. We tried but it was never successful.

ETH has made a lot of inexplicable decisions. Then again we aint manager so wtf do we know:yeshrug:

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
How is Anthony Gordon still not in the England squad?

But Callum Wilson was picked :mjlol:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Is it just me or is Southgate really disrespectful to Sterling?

Nah. It's a non story for me. Sterling should use the fuel and Do a Benzema get his performance and goals up while keeping fresh and then aim for the March squad as that is the last one before the Euros shortlist. And we've seen before Waistcoat has taken senior players out and not picked them for a while. What's Waistcoat going to learn about Sterling vs Malta and North Macedonia?

Scoring vs Luton and Burnley should get him back in the England squad? Has he been better than Anthony Gordon this season? Who should be in the squad but isnt. Yeah he had a good game vs Spurs but we know the context of how that match played out. Should he be in there for Rashford if we are going off form? Yeah he been better than Rashford has this season but Rashford last performance for England was good and we know Waistcoat picks players off their last match form for England. Sterling hasnt played since Qatar and like in life the squad has moved on since then and the performances barring Ukraine away have been good. Don't need to mention the favourites names we all know them. Grealish? Different type of players and how they are used by Waistcoat. Grealish is pretty much a supersub and is asked to keep the ball more and win fouls. I guess Sterling is good at winning fouls too. You think Sterling and his seniority going to be happy coming off the bench? No. Players with that amount of caps and still in their 20's expect to start.

Sterling needs to put in big performances and help Chelsea beat the likes of Citeh Newcastle x2 Yanited and Brighton coming up over the next month. These are the games Sterling needs to be performing and scoring and not against Luton Burnley of the World.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Nah. It's a non story for me. Sterling should use the fuel and Do a Benzema get his performance and goals up while keeping fresh and then aim for the March squad as that is the last one before the Euros shortlist. And we've seen before Waistcoat has taken senior players out and not picked them for a while. What's Waistcoat going to learn about Sterling vs Malta and North Macedonia?

Scoring vs Luton and Burnley should get him back in the England squad? Has he been better than Anthony Gordon this season? Who should be in the squad but isnt. Yeah he had a good game vs Spurs but we know the context of how that match played out. Should he be in there for Rashford if we are going off form? Yeah he been better than Rashford has this season but Rashford last performance for England was good and we know Waistcoat picks players off their last match form for England. Sterling hasnt played since Qatar and like in life the squad has moved on since then and the performances barring Ukraine away have been good. Don't need to mention the favourites names we all know them. Grealish? Different type of players and how they are used by Waistcoat. Grealish is pretty much a supersub and is asked to keep the ball more and win fouls. I guess Sterling is good at winning fouls too. You think Sterling and his seniority going to be happy coming off the bench? No. Players with that amount of caps and still in their 20's expect to start.

Sterling needs to put in big performances and help Chelsea beat the likes of Citeh Newcastle x2 Yanited and Brighton coming up over the next month. These are the games Sterling needs to be performing and scoring and not against Luton Burnley of the World.
I get you and I pretty much agree. But Sterling has probably been England's best player under Southgate. So even when he's off form he doesnt even get the "never let England down" tax the Maguires and Kalvin Philips get? This is like 4th squads he has not been picked for.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I get you and I pretty much agree. But Sterling has probably been England's best player under Southgate. So even when he's off form he doesnt even get the "never let England down" tax the Maguires and Kalvin Philips get? This is like 4th squads he has not been picked for.

Let's not forget Sterling was in poor form for England before the Euros and Waistcoat stuck by him. When many coaches would of dropped him and Sterling rewarded him with the confidence shown. Sterling got his never let England down tax back then. But that is 2 years ago things have changed. New players have come thru and Sterling form has dropped off. Has Sterling really performed for England post the Euros? Saka has over taken him in importance Bellingham has as well. So England attack is down to one position the LW. Where you have Rashford Foden Maddison Grealish. Then you have Eze and Gordon. Foden and Madders can play elsewhere but they've all played LW recently for England.

The March and June squads were related to his hamstring and Sterling wanted to get himself right I believe that's the reason for missing in June. Especially after a poor season he had. The real problem is Sterlings best position is also England's strongest along with RB. Slabhead and Phillips get picked because the depth is weaker at CB and DM/6. JWP has been more disrespected than Sterling has been about being left out due to the lack of depth in CM. But then again where do you really play JWP? While he is a great long passer he isn't really a directing type of midfielder which England need. And he's more attacking than defensive. If he could control a midfield he wouldn't be at West Ham he would be at higher level club. When people want him in squad because he can take a set piece :dead: what about the rest of his game. This isn't NFL or Field Hockey where you can sub/rotate the kicker/penalty taker in and out.