Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Music festivals in this country, pretty much don't appeal to my taste. They are either just Rock oriented, or just the Techno, Trance stuff.

Not my thing.

But ones in Europe, would def like to reach a couple soon.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Concacaf has Mali now?

Mali is safe as hell breh, even right now.

It was never a better time to be a
cac.png
in Bamako, they'll hug you for thinking you're French.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have been to mini, kinda all day things. I remember the Ultraworld parties the Saturday after thanksgiving at the Amory, used to love those, 4 different arenas, 12 hours of great D&B, Deep House, and like Downtempo or whatever.

That's the closest thing to festival i've been to.

KOTK

Pro
Daps
Went to a quasi-festival that was run as a small uni's equivalent to its summerball. I can't remember if we got it free or not, think so, the people who paid full were severely mugged off. Probably the most scandalous drinks policy known to man, worked out about £3 a can of Carlsberg I think. Fortunately the searching people didn't seem that arsed about a bottle of wine in a sleeping bag though. With hindsight I should've taken spirits instead. Only stayed one night. Took a shyt in the girl's VIP rather than brave the portaloos. Some enterprising young dame we saw as we were leaving just went out the back of her tent for a slash. All the VIPs were given there own shyt tents, which, naturally with this being England couldn't last the late May storms and soaked thosde who stayed in them or blew away from those who abandoned them. The students didn't seem too happy on the facebook wall, apparently quite a few ex-cons were there, which in fairness, I could believe. Also apparently someone got raped.

But yeah if there's a festival whose lineup you like then go for it. Shouldd probably get decent weather too. A Supposedly Fun Thing I Might Do Again.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I do festival tho, I ain't camping out, staying at hotel/motel, some place, where I can take a shower, and all them things.

I don't do dusty and crusty.:gag:

KOTK

Pro
Daps
If I do festival tho, I ain't camping out, staying at hotel/motel, some place, where I can take a shower, and all them things.

I don't do dusty and crusty.:gag:
Global Gathering VIP has showers, Exit and Benicassim are by the sea. No idea about rock festivals, can only assume the worst.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Global Gathering VIP has showers, Exit and Benicassim are by the sea. No idea about rock festivals, can only assume the worst.

Always wanted to go to Exit, and remember this one festival they had back in the early 2000's, that was basically UK Garage, D&B, Hip-Hop and stuff.

Also those Essential festival look so great, the Roots day lineup was so immense. wish I could've attended at least one.

Those Reggae fest in Italy and Germany looks great too.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Breh c'mon now, Day 2 at Coachella is :noah:

Yeah tbf...Phoenix, New Order, Hot Chip, Major Lazer, Danny Brown, Wild Nothing, 2 Bears, Action Bronson :ehh:

I think what threw me off on first impressions when I saw the lineup was Red Hot Chili Peppers and Jurassic 5 :rudy:

Going over it again it's not that bad, blur, Disclosure, Julio Bashmore, Jamie Jones, La Roux (new album?), Foals, Japandroids etc etc.

Sasquatch had me :wow: because they have John Talabot, Holy Ghost and Matthew Dear.

KOTK

Pro
Daps
That thing above the online friends bar that updates all the shyt your mates are doing has delivered me the goldmine of some guy travelling in oz battering a couple of lads he found in bed with his missus and needing a couple of grand for bail to keep traveling.

This is in the midst of about 70 comments. Don't know these people but names changed:
Kate Smith Never mind that I was fully dressed and passed out at a house party sleeping... Psycho.
Like · Reply · 9 hours ago via mobile

Kate Smith Ps 'his friend' was a random guy sleeping in another room. Joe went in and randomly smashed the shyt out of him. Needless to say he was pretty annoyed having never met either of us before...

Joe Bloggs fukk off Kate

Joe Bloggs You were in bed with another guy

Kate Smith Truth hurts

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I want to hit up a festival, but I refuse to be outside not showering and shyt. Im not about that grime life.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cocahella things looks shyt to me, it's almost like awards shows to me, having to sit through countless acts I don't care for, to hear 1 or 2 things I like.

I hate when Essentially a Rock oriented fest, chucks a couple of non Rock things. Juat to add some diversity

I would just rather go see Disclosure at a club night, than at a fest, in a some shytty tent, with a shytty soundsystem.