Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nahnah

Superstar
Daps
The amount of goals being conceded from teams fannying about with it at the back is actually insane. Sides are setting up like they've got 11 Beckenbauers in their midst. Just fooking hoof it, if needs be :what:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Ajax in the relegation zone, what happened to the club :dahell:

F9IrYLMWUAARE-g
:wtf:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Spurs looking real.

Yes and no. I think they are still really vulnerable at the back but Vicario is SUCH an improvement over Lloris its hilarious. Also, I worry for their depth. If Son or Maddison goes down there's some major issues there. But also they've played Bretford, ManU, Burnley, Bournemouth, Sheffield, Luton and Fulham. And have Palace next week and they aren't playing in Europe. They've only played two top teams (Liverpool and Arsenal) and split those. And the Liverpool match coming down to arguably the worst display of officiating we've ever seen in recent memory.

So I think their schedule's done them a lot of favors. They still haven't played Villa, City, Newcastle, West Ham or Chelsea. So who knows. But they look MILES better than they were last season.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
The amount of goals being conceded from teams fannying about with it at the back is actually insane. Sides are setting up like they've got 11 Beckenbauers in their midst. Just fooking hoof it, if needs be :what:

Thats because football has evolved into before the 80th min it's an act of terrorism if you lump it long. After the 80th min it's being tactical and best way to defend the lead/hold what you have.

Last edited:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Yes and no. I think they are still really vulnerable at the back but Vicario is SUCH an improvement over Lloris its hilarious. Also, I worry for their depth. If Son or Maddison goes down there's some major issues there. But also they've played Bretford, ManU, Burnley, Bournemouth, Sheffield, Luton and Fulham. And have Palace next week and they aren't playing in Europe. They've only played two top teams (Liverpool and Arsenal) and split those. And the Liverpool match coming down to arguably the worst display of officiating we've ever seen in recent memory.

So I think their schedule's done them a lot of favors. They still haven't played Villa, City, Newcastle, West Ham or Chelsea. So who knows. But they look MILES better than they were last season.
Fair enough but when I said real, I didnt mean title contender real.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Fair enough but when I said real, I didnt mean title contender real.

Word. I think they'll make Europe. Especially since Newcastle's schedule was GROSS at the start of the season. Villa may sneak into Europa because Brighton have been a bit inconsistent. But Spurs should make UCL if they hold form. I just think a key injury, and there WILL be a key injury, does much more harm to them than to City or Arsenal at this moment.