Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
International week is brutal… y’all do this every year? :wtf:
yup. it's part of the reason i detest international football: september and october international breaks. just as the league starts can't even get properly started.

"Gerard Houllier's thoughts on the matter international football echo mine. He thinks that what the national coaches are doing is like taking the car from his garage without even asking permission. They will then use the car for ten days and abandon it in a field without any petrol left in the tank. We then have to recover it, but it is broken down. Then a month later they will come to take your car again, and for good measure you're expected to be nice about it." - Arsene Wenger

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
yup. it's part of the reason i detest international football: september and october international breaks. just as the league starts can't even get properly started.
Is it only September and October? I feel like there’s another one in the spring?

Last edited:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
International week is brutal… y’all do this every year? :wtf:

I've always said those who don't care for international breaks are those who's NT aren't worth the shirt on their backs.

You don't get WCs, Euros, AFCON or Copa Americas without Int'l breaks.

We can't have it both ways.

Is it only September and October? I feel like there’s another one in the spring?

There's usually 5 in a year, give or take. Sep, Oct, Nov, Mar and Jun.

I think that's fair. I'm not sure I agree with the proposal of having 2, 2-3 week international breaks in the calendar. Players hit form at different times in the season so you need to spread out the opportunities to call up new palyers.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

Lyon ultra's to Lampard in 2 weeks.

hps4fmqNITjPB7YO7BUdymDHyUBzxVPSIN1tPIkG69c.jpg