Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Liverpool brehs…keep it a buck. Is Konate your best player in the back rn? Has VVD lost his aura? Having a discussion with someone

Nitro Tuggle

All Star
Daps
Liverpool brehs…keep it a buck. Is Konate your best player in the back rn? Has VVD lost his aura? Having a discussion with someone
Right now yes. I think VVD will be fine this year, but he needed some time off. I read somewhere he had the most games played from 21/22 through the WC than anyone or some crazy shyt.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Fulham very active today. :jbhmm:

Signed Castagne, deal agreed for Ocampos and in talks with Everton for Iwobi.
As a Naija breh, Fulham for Iwobi would be great.
Premier League top 6 club doing dumb shyt like that doesn't surprise me but Bayern is a bit more surprising, I guess they're going all out for CL.

Palhinha went to Fulham for €20m. Boubacar Kamara went to Villa on a free transfer. Bruno Guimaraes went to Newcastle for €40m. Even Tonali for €60m is a steal.

I guess big clubs would rather pay double, triple, even quadruple than do their own scouting :manny:
Yep. This thing of Top 6 sides waiting for other clubs to test out always struck me a a bit timid. That and the notion of “prem proven”. No player is Prem proven until they are…
That's understandable, they have enough money to spend on a 'sure thing', but at least take a chance on a couple of PL unproven players. Especially when they're cheap, relatively young and play positions that are hard to fill :manny:
This is how feel as well. Kind of what Chelsea is doing. Players with potential that have their whole career ahead of them.

God damn at Group F
That’s a proper, proper group.
City seems to always get the easy group
City getting RBL and a cupcake group is damn near a certainty now
Yo. Those CL draws are so tasty. :whew:
I’m telling you. That Napoli vs Real Madrid is Osimhen’s audition for Los Blancos

Last edited:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

Need to check if Ten Hag coached Reguilon at some point..
Funny as hell that we were meant to get him in 2020, but Real Madrid wanted a buy back clause so we went for Telles instead. :skip: