Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

UnQuantized

Superstar
Daps
I actually think Maguire will be good at West Ham. :manny:
You might have a point playing under Moyes for West Ham means playing deeper and sitting back, while playing for United under ETH means playing on the front foot which exposes his weakness. I still see a tough season for West Ham though.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Imagine paying to have Maguire in your team... West Ham got to be trolling

They could've picked up a random defender from Ligue 1 or La Liga for £30m

I know they got the German DoF. But Moyes wants PL proven players. As we know West Ham are very hit and miss when it comes from signing players outside of England. Just look at the 2 recent striker signings Haller and Scamacca.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
There are certain conditions that could allow Maguire to succeed.

United fans forget that most players improve once they leave the swamp.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
There are certain conditions that could allow Maguire to succeed.

United fans forget that most players improve once they leave the swamp.

While Slabhead works better in a low block. He's too slow physically and mentally (poor reading and positional) Eric Dier has the same issues. Needs to be playing in Italy or Spain. He's only useful at set pieces because his head so massive which also weighs him down when it comes to running

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
As long as Maguire doesn't play the ball on his feet, he will be fine.

He panics too much even without the ball. Like the time vs Spurs when the ball was pinballing around in the box and then he grabbed Shaw and swung him round. And that's not the only time he's done that either.

nahnah

Superstar
Daps
Watching Maguire and Cresswell down that left hand side of defence is going to be piss funny.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
All I can say is the first people to come in here with the "Maguire's actually good you know, it's just United..." are going to be confronted with serious smoke, believe me.

Ya'll made this guy a laughing stock for years, you're not getting away with it.

nahnah

Superstar
Daps
All I can say is the first people to come in here with the "Maguire's actually good you know, it's just United..." are going to be confronted with serious smoke, believe me.

Ya'll made this guy a laughing stock for years, you're not getting away with it.

One of the best defenders in the Premier League?