Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
PSG getting Dembele is a good move
FC L'hopital

Xavi was praising Dembouz when they were trying to get rid of him. It's crazy how the sport is, but :yeshrug:

Ferran is looking better, Fati was starting to look like his former self by the end of last season, and Raphinha played a big part of our title run last season too. With Abde and a bunch of LA masía kids coming up, we should be alright

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I’m against Greenwood playing for the club again, but if we’re going to keep him then at least have some balls and actually have him in the squad.

We don’t get some sort of moral points for keeping him then sending him out on loan, we’re c*nts either way.

I’d rather we be upfront c*nts than sneaky, money hungry c*nts(keep + loan is only about trying to sell him next summer lets face it).

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Call me a cynic but I honestly believe no one is gonna care about Greenwood’s history 2-3 years from now if he’s playing up to his potential. He’ll probably never get an England call up but I can see him being a productive forward at a top club.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Call me a cynic but I honestly believe no one is gonna care about Greenwood’s history 2-3 years from now if he’s playing up to his potential. He’ll probably never get an England call up but I can see him being a productive forward at a top club.
He’ll always be a target for rival fans if he plays in England, and there will be a lot of articles written about his presence(rightly so, it’s fair enough), but that’s about it.

Outside England no one would give a single fukk, right now. He could go play in italy/spain with zero mention of it there tbh.

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
FC L'hopital

Xavi was praising Dembouz when they were trying to get rid of him. It's crazy how the sport is, but :yeshrug:

Ferran is looking better, Fati was starting to look like his former self by the end of last season, and Raphinha played a big part of our title run last season too. With Abde and a bunch of LA masía kids coming up, we should be alright
Dembele is your best winger by wide margin. The fact leaving for $25 mil has to hurt

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Dembele is your best winger by wide margin. The fact leaving for $25 mil has to hurt
He's always injured when it matters the most. Love the guy, amazing to watch but he'll always be remembered as the guy who fluffed it against Liverpool :yeshrug:

For the type of player Dembele is his G/A are very disappointing. Obviously because of his injury record, it's a shame but Raphinha basically gives us what Dembele gives us minus all the flair.

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps

I ain't mad about it :ehh:

In as far as Greenwood is concerned, he's moved on with that girl for whatever reason, be it money, naivete, love, stupidity or all of the above.

Wherever he plays next, she will follow and I can guarantee that whichever club it is, their fans will quickly forget their apprehension and "morals" when he scores a winner in their derby/cup final etc.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth

I ain't mad about it :ehh:

In as far as Greenwood is concerned, he's moved on with that girl for whatever reason, be it money, naivete, love, stupidity or all of the above.

Wherever he plays next, she will follow and I can guarantee that whichever club it is, their fans will quickly forget their apprehension and "morals" when he scores a winner in their derby/cup final etc.

Those Glazer parasites are never leaving. smh.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
He’ll always be a target for rival fans if he plays in England, and there will be a lot of articles written about his presence(rightly so, it’s fair enough), but that’s about it.

Outside England no one would give a single fukk, right now. He could go play in italy/spain with zero mention of it there tbh.

You’re right about foreign clubs because Mendy got signed pretty quickly after his cases got dismissed.

I think Utd would be smart to let him go because that initial PR heat is going to be a lot and it would be “better” for him to get some football under his belt somewhere else before he plays in England again.

Keeping him in the squad is an unnecessary distraction and right now, he’s not gonna be a difference making playing that they need around.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know @SCORCH is furious to see this :mjcry: will be plenty money left for Colwill :steviej:

Colwill on the way @SCORCH :mjgrin:

Lavia and Colwill word to @SCORCH :banderas:

...and spend the rest of the budget on Colwill @SCORCH :mjgrin:

laughing-russell-westbrook.gif