Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

ot2.png

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
If it was any other team, I’d totally agree with you but Real is the prestige club in world football so I don’t think there’s much shame in losing a player to them. The way they’ve been spending money right now, I don’t see any actually footballing IQ behind it.

For the record, I think this Saudi situation is gonna be another Chinese Super League situation and players will stop going once they start missing out on awards and international appearances. Money can’t build football heritage overnight and Saudi would still need to improve their own homegrown players to have any lasting power.

Exactly.

It takes a lot more money to make a league with credible players. They have a lot of names but I've noticed a lack of defenders and goalkeepers getting moves over there. Alot of the goals Ronaldo scored last season, the defending and goalkeeping resembled the high school players in Jamaica.

They need to buy more players and sustain the investment for at least a decade, by then they'll give up.