Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
So we've definitely bid for Onana, cool.

I just don't know man. :patrice:

We've all seen the CL final comps of him being press resistant/his distribution, but there's also the other side.

Mike Maignan would be a way better move but he never played for Ajax :beli:

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
Arsenal mandem move up!
Don Robbie watching the djokevic match in the stands at Wimbledon.
#cultured fan base :wow:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Mike Maignan would be a way better move but he never played for Ajax :beli:
We've signed more players that haven't played for Ajax than have, so this is a strange thing to say. I'm sure you'll be complaining we didn't sign Timber when he balls for Arsenal next season as well.

Maignan would cost a lot more anyway, Milan apparently want towards 100m euros for him.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I don't necessarily disagree, all i'm saying is he's better player than both of those players, which he is.

Any of these man bigging up Szoboszlai have never even seen him play 90 minutes, i guarantee you.

Mac Allister is a decent player and they got him at a good price, but he's not as good as Mount.

They'll give me hell for it, i know, because this thread and the internet in general just follow whichever way the wind blows.

mount for 55/60 large uns when he would be free in 12 months seems a bit excessive.

plus 250k p/w :picard: .

it's seems as though we haven't learned from the past.

one of our biggest problems last year was lack of midfield control so let's see if ETH does anything about that.

rumours mentioned rabiot so it seems that they want a midfielder who plays deeper.

maybe mount pushes bruno out to the right .. or in time replaces him.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Mount would have been absolutely perfect for Liverpool's style, far more suited than both of the players you've signed, which is why you wanted him and discussed personal terms with his people before he decided he wanted United. 👍
Dom is actually what some nikkas think Mount is :mjpls:

You well aware of my feelings that I been expressed many times on Mount brother :mjpls:

You happy with Mount :manny: I’m over the moon with Dom :blessed:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
mount for 55/60 large uns when he would be free in 12 months seems a bit excessive.

plus 250k p/w :picard: .

it's seems as though we haven't learned from the past.

one of our biggest problems last year was lack of midfield control so let's see if ETH does anything about that.

rumours mentioned rabiot so it seems that they want a midfielder who plays deeper.

maybe mount pushes bruno out to the right .. or in time replaces him.
Anyone with sense can admit that we've overpaid, in context, on the fee. But all i see is ETH wanted him, and we've got him.

Wages I couldn't care less, he's an England international that played for a (usually) Champions League club, it's just the going rate(especially for us/teams of our level).

If you actually look back at last season, when we had everyone fit we didn't really struggle for midfield control aside from against the very top teams, and you can't just start dominating those teams overnight, it takes time, recruitment and development.

End of the season, yeah, we did struggle once Martinez got injured, as a lot of our play went through him. Also part of controlling a game/midfield is your ability to win it back, which we didn't have towards the end for a number of reasons, a big one being fatigue. I don't think people understand just how hard it is to play a game every 3 days for a stretch of like 5/6 months with a squad with little depth.

We're apparently in for Amrabat, which i'm sure the internet types will be happy with, but he doesn't solve that problem either.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Anyone with sense can admit that we've overpaid, in context, on the fee. But all i see is ETH wanted him, and we've got him.

then indeed we haven't learned from the past.

Wages I couldn't care less,

you can ignore the implications of overpaying but the club cannot escape reality.

FFP. inability to sell.

brassic without new owners ...

he's an England international that played for a (usually) Champions League club, it's just the going rate(especially for us/teams of our level).

then we can't sell them. our record sale ever is still beckham at 20-odd million by all accounts.

that's ridiculous.

that is why FFP is biting us now and why deadwood can't be sold.

EDIT: SORRY MY MISTAKE.

Beckham was #4 behind DI Maria, Ronaldo and Lukaku.

Shame on me

If you actually look back at last season, when we had everyone fit we didn't really struggle for midfield control aside from against the very top teams, and you can't just start dominating those teams overnight, it takes time, recruitment and development.

we struggle against any team with a good midfield. including teams like Sevilla, brighton, aston villa ...

End of the season, yeah, we did struggle once Martinez got injured, as a lot of our play went through him. Also part of controlling a game/midfield is your ability to win it back,

yeah ignore the other part about actual proactive control ... i'm not going to dig out our possession numbers

which we didn't have towards the end for a number of reasons, a big one being fatigue. I don't think people understand just how hard it is to play a game every 3 days for a stretch of like 5/6 months with a squad with little depth.

irrelevant. presupposes that mount is the only answer here.

We're apparently in for Amrabat, which i'm sure the internet types will be happy with, but he doesn't solve that problem either.

irrelevant.

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
We've signed more players that haven't played for Ajax than have, so this is a strange thing to say. I'm sure you'll be complaining we didn't sign Timber when he balls for Arsenal next season as well.

Maignan would cost a lot more anyway, Milan apparently want towards 100m euros for him.
Antony, Martinez, Malacia, Eriksen and Wout all have Dutch connections, not to mention countless other transfer targets :hubie:

Of course Maignan would cost a lot more now since AC Milan got 70m for Tonali, that's because ETH/United didn't know what to do with De Gea until yesterday.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

fans keep denying reality meanwhile the club goes further down the toilet with the stadium/infrastructure falling apart and the club near insolvent.

when are people gonna wake up.

it's bad decision after bad decision from the higher-ups.

widely reported wage cap of 200k: Man United introduce 'Ronaldo rule' to limit player's salaries

meanwhile we have rashford bad decisions still unresolved and his contract is still unsigned.

@Gilver thought W-ole was going a good job :picard: and that maguire was a baller so :hubie:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Antony, Martinez, Malacia, Eriksen and Wout all have Dutch connections, not to mention countless other transfer targets :hubie:

Of course Maignan would cost a lot more now since AC Milan got 70m for Tonali, that's because ETH/United didn't know what to do with De Gea until yesterday.

i think we might re-sign DDG if he takes a lower salary and is happy to play second fiddle. he will be a proven short-term backup solution with no fee.

that is why it has been dragging out IMO.

DDG will naturally want to examine his options as a free agent, plus i think he was busy getting married.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK

If you're going to move the goalposts at least just be honest about it brother.

They wanted loads for him before they sold Tonali, they only sold Tonali because it was more than he's worth.

Inter desperately need money, only reason Onana is available.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
we need players who can put their foot on the ball and orchestrate midfield / the team.

more connective tissue and less skin, if you will.
you would think most PL fans would get this memo, considering how City has been dominating the last decade

MacAllister is definitely a more important player than Mount even if he's not as consistent. an off game for a player of his profile still help control a game.