Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We're getting spanked, our C team looks like a bunch of Sunday League misfits.

I don't understand how we have no depth at all. The good thing in all this is, Ali Ahmed looks promising.
My Oromo Rexdale brother is the real deal - hope he gets a move to Europe soon. He definitely has earned a call-up on the full strength team too.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
How will Mount ever live up to wearers of the famous no.7 shirt like Michael Owen, Antonio Valencia, Angel Di Maria, Memphis Depay, Alexis Sanchez, Edinson Cavani and a completely washed Ronaldo?

I can't believe it, how could they do this.

UnQuantized

Superstar
Daps
Mason Mount at his best is a great complementary piece in an already good side but he doesn't make you better on his own.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

CBF is a clown show :snoop:

They only have a verbal agreement with Ancelotti, and if RM offers him a better deal he’s probably going to re-sign with them. These idiots are letting themselves be used as a bargaining chip, and they don’t even realize it. At this point they should just name Diniz the permanent manager. We’re out here getting embarrassed by a damn senior citizen.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
So we've definitely bid for Onana, cool.

I just don't know man. :patrice:

We've all seen the CL final comps of him being press resistant/his distribution, but there's also the other side.

You guys will trade lesser shot stopping for better build up. ETH needs to work on his defensive schemes so he can prevent transitions and face less shots.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Thank god liverpool dodged Mason Mount and got some proper midfielders :whew:

can't believe we missed out on mac allister :hhh: for only 35 large uns ...:hhh:

and then we overpay mount by doubling his salary to 250k .. making him impossible to move on if he fails ... :hhh:

didn't we cap salaries at 200k?

'less than a club' :hhh:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Thank god liverpool dodged Mason Mount and got some proper midfielders :whew:
Mount would have been :hhh: and I was so against it.

We got 10x the baller in Dom :blessed:

Work to be done still we only halfway there, I can tolerate this being it for the midfield while thinking we need another and would really like to see one of Thiago or Fab shifted but I’ll accept kicking the can down the road for another season but we have to knock it out the park with a defender :manny:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Mount is better than both Mac Allister and Szoboszlai.

Hope this helps.👍

mount is too much of the kick-and-rush rugby-ish-percentage-footy that we are supposed to be moving away from .

we need players who can put their foot on the ball and orchestrate midfield / the team.

more connective tissue and less skin, if you will.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
mount is too much of the kick-and-rush rugby-ish-percentage-footy that we are supposed to be moving away from .

we need players who can put their foot on the ball and orchestrate midfield / the team.

more connective tissue and less skin, if you will.
I don't necessarily disagree, all i'm saying is he's better player than both of those players, which he is.

Any of these man bigging up Szoboszlai have never even seen him play 90 minutes, i guarantee you.

Mac Allister is a decent player and they got him at a good price, but he's not as good as Mount.

They'll give me hell for it, i know, because this thread and the internet in general just follow whichever way the wind blows.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Mount would have been :hhh: and I was so against it.

We got 10x the baller in Dom :blessed:

Work to be done still we only halfway there, I can tolerate this being it for the midfield while thinking we need another and would really like to see one of Thiago or Fab shifted but I’ll accept kicking the can down the road for another season but we have to knock it out the park with a defender :manny:
Mount would have been absolutely perfect for Liverpool's style, far more suited than both of the players you've signed, which is why you wanted him and discussed personal terms with his people before he decided he wanted United. 👍