Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
Love Eddie but just not who I want as my 9.

Would be great for a team outside the top 4/6 though
I'm in agreement, but for now that's who we have as backup. We'll just have to wait and see how things shake out but Arteta seems to be convinced Eddie should be the guy backing up Jesus. It is what it is, I'd prefer to have dilemma's on who to keep or sale rather than just have no kind of depth. We've been doing the "we don't have guys to back up players" game too long.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
I'm in agreement, but for now that's who we have as backup. We'll just have to wait and see how things shake out but Arteta seems to be convinced Eddie should be the guy backing up Jesus. It is what it is, I'd prefer to have dilemma's on who to keep or sale rather than just have no kind of depth. We've been doing the "we don't have guys to back up players" game too long.
i don't think tet is convinced, he was quick to bush him and play trossard in the false 9. eddie needs to put on his finishing boots so that he can be a reliable super sub. we can't tolerate jesus style finishing without the jesus benefits. also eddie starting made for a poorer martinelli.

Daps
i don't think tet is convinced, he was quick to bush him and play trossard in the false 9. eddie needs to put on his finishing boots so that he can be a reliable super sub. we can't tolerate jesus style finishing without the jesus benefits. also eddie starting made for a poorer martinelli.
Big fan of the Troussard, martinelli, saka front three

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Should enquire after Vlahović... We have however, packed the midfield with very capable finishers to make up for Jesus' weaknesses.

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
USMNT fans and media can be clueless for sure. Ive seen them hype numerous guys that ball out against concacaf teams then struggle against UEFA or Conembol sides.

Did they forget how horrible he looked against the Netherlands? One thing I will say about JF though is he is ahead of Josh Sargent and Haji Wright, but clearly behind Balogun and Pepi