Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
I don't like how Pepe's story is being rewritten.

Price tag aside he was actually a decent player for Arsenal and has done more in an Arsenal shirt than someone like Reiss who is getting a new four year deal.
He also had better seasons at Arsenal than a Sancho/Antony have had but he gets lumped in with them as a big money flop.
He almost hit 20 goals in his best season ffs.

It's a strange situation I have to think our refusal to at least keep him in the squad last season has something to do with appearance addons.
Only thing that makes sense to me but obviously since the start of last season we have moved on from him.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Price tag aside he was actually a decent player for Arsenal and has done more in an Arsenal shirt than someone like Reiss who is getting a new four year deal.
He also had better seasons at Arsenal than a Sancho/Antony have had but he gets lumped in with them as a big money flop.

It's a strange situation I have to think our refusal to at least keep him in the squad last season has something to do with appearance addons.
Only thing that makes sense to me but obviously since the start of last season we have moved on from him.
Because for that money you hope for a superstar and really he was just an OK player.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps

If he cost half of his transfer fee, then most would be fine with him. I think issue is when you spend 70m on a player you're expecting him to be a top player. I do agree he's done much more than Sancho/Anthony on those players are most likely being viewed as flops if they don't improve this season.

Annyways, I think the main issue with Pepe is him being a 70m player, and being replaced by a youngster who happens to be a top 5 player in his position. I think Saka being as good as he was made Pepe redudant, but I don't think he was that awful of a player. It's just that he very unlikely he would live up to transfer fee. He averaged 11 Goal contribution a season, and may have been a decent squad player. It's just that timing is everything and there was no way to unseat Saka

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
So now we get another 4-5 years of @Roberto Firmino trying to convince us Szoboszlai isn’t another Leipzig Bundesliga fraud, great.:beli:

Calling it now, even bigger flop than Naby.:blessed:

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DDG left on a free so we have to pay for a goalkeeper now from our measly budget? Just great.

Forget about challenging for the league, we will be lucky to finish in the top 4.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
DDG left on a free so we have to pay for a goalkeeper now from our measly budget? Just great.

Forget about challenging for the league, we will be lucky to finish in the top 4.
Apparently I read a report, that they told him not to sign with another club in case they have to come back to him. I refuse to believe they would be that disrespectful.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
According to German newspaper Bild, Arsenal are prepared to dish out salaries befitting of elite players and Havertz is the first beneficiary.

The outlet claimed Havertz is set to earn a salary of £330,000-a-week, with that figure likely to increase when bonuses are factored in.

lebron-james-wow.gif