Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
His contract expired this Summer, he did Brighton a favor to get a fee, Caicedo still had 2 years left and was on :picard: wages. Big difference :snoop:
I don't think his contract was expiring this summer, I may be wrong though :manny:

And The Athletic has always been reporting his fee around 45-55m,

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I need to see some receipts.

I have a hard time believing Brighton would extend his contract this season with a 35m release clause. Same Brighton that also extended Caicedo recently and wants 80m for him :manny:

BBC saying 55M, Fab saying 35M. Think the truth is somewhere in the middle, maybe 40-45 which is still amazing business.

Alexis’ agent is sharp. Inserted a reasonable release clause in his contract and Brighton will still make like 4-5x what they paid for him.

Players need to start getting smarter with release clauses. Let the club save on the transfer fee and do more in salaries. Kim-Min Jae and Haaland were particularly smart to insert relatively low release clauses in their contracts, €45M and €80M, respectively.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
I don't think his contract was expiring this summer, I may be wrong though :manny:

And The Athletic has always been reporting his fee around 45-55m,

Brighton & Hove Albion have completed the signing of midfielder Alexis Mac Allister from Argentinos Juniors.

The 20-year-old has signed a four-and-a-half-year deal and will be loaned back to the Argentinian club for the remainder of the season.

Straight from the horse’s mouth :manny: 4 and half year deal Jan 019 I’ll let you do the math on that one :mjgrin:

Daps

Straight from the horse’s mouth :manny: 4 and half year deal Jan 019 I’ll let you do the math on that one

Yeah but didn't he sign a contract extension at some point this season which extended it until 2025 with an option of another year

Think it was just before the world Cup

I was :ohhh:at the price we have "apparently" got him for l, I didn't think we would get him that cheap
I thought it would be at least 45 to 50 mil

Just means we got more money to spend on more midfielders

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
I need to see some receipts.

I have a hard time believing Brighton would extend his contract this season with a 35m release clause. Same Brighton that also extended Caicedo recently and wants 80m for him :manny:

Pretty sure it was done before the world cup

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Yeah but didn't he sign a contract extension at some point this season which extended it until 2025 with an option of another year

Think it was just before the world Cup

I was :ohhh:at the price we have "apparently" got him for l, I didn't think we would get him that cheap
I thought it would be at least 45 to 50 mil

Just means we got more money to spend on more midfielders
Yes that’s the point, when he signed the extension he was gonna be a free agent in the Summer, he did them a solid so they could recoup a fee and that’s why the clause is so low.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
How much money is Messi making at Inter Miami? Is it a lot less than what the arabs were offering?
I wonder whi ronaldo didnt see the light and went to saudi arabia?