Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
I wonder if ppl realize that Haaland, just by being who he is, gets the defensive attention that gets Gundo these looks. The man is more than goals.

Also good at killing the game too :troll:

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Dont remember him doing much in CL KO rounds...oh yh he scored 5 v Leipzig in the round of 16 in a 7-0 thumping :comeon:

FA Cup Final...matches v Liverpool and Chelsea

Gundogan, KDB and Bernardo are big game players

Are you really trying to discredit someone scoring 5 goals against Leipzig in a knockout game? :skip:

You can’t really use games they won or didn’t lose as an example my man.

We can all list big games where the players you mentioned didn’t turn up. Difference is, they’ve played for longer and played in enough big games to make an impact. So it’s easy to forget games they didn’t show up in

It makes no sense saying Haaland is not a big game player by picking and choosing the games you feel are big games. In only his first season.

What about the Arsenal game then? Was that not a big game? Or scoring against Bayern Munich in both legs is not big enough?

Where were those so called big game players when Lyon, Chelsea and Madrid were knocking City out of the UCL?

Trying to package hate and envy as speaking facts is some funny shyt :mjlol:

Imagine trying to tell me Messi and CR7 aren’t big game players, then going on to only list games they didn’t do well in, completely ignoring games they did well in

dont care how many goals h scored
His manager cares, that’s why he’s the first name on the team sheet :manny:

Daps
Are you really trying to discredit someone scoring 5 goals against Leipzig in a knockout game? :skip:

You can’t really use games they won or didn’t lose as an example my man.

We can all list big games where the players you mentioned didn’t turn up. Difference is, they’ve played for longer and played in enough big games to make an impact. So it’s easy to forget games they didn’t show up in

It makes no sense saying Haaland is not a big game player by picking and choosing the games you feel are big games. In only his first season.

What about the Arsenal game then? Was that not a big game? Or scoring against Bayern Munich in both legs is not big enough?

Where were those so called big game players when Lyon, Chelsea and Madrid were knocking City out of the UCL?

Trying to package hate and envy as speaking facts is some funny shyt :mjlol:

Imagine trying to tell me Messi and CR7 aren’t big game players, then going on to only list games they didn’t do well in, completely ignoring games they did well in

His manager cares, that’s why he’s the first name on the team sheet :manny:
Arsenal were the only club in the top 9 this season who just rolled over and let City beat them home and away:hubie:

Even Spurs put some effort in and beat then at home

Last edited:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Does Inter have a chance or is the treble a lock?
If Inter win I would not be surprised. Inter has more of a goal threat, more organized defense, a keeper in form and will plug that midfield. Catnenaccio 2.0
2-1... :ehh:

Inter have something to work with
Yep. Finals are rarely as one sided as people claim.
Lukaku and Martinez will both miss goal scoring chances next week:snoop:
It’s like y’all not being watching Inter of late. Martinez and Lukaku probably the most in form players in Serie A.

Martinez got 5 goals in last 5 games with a double to win the Coppa Italia.

nah.

if ten hag doesn't go at that team like the grim reaper his days will be numbered.

mount ain't it.
Mount is not the possesion midfielder we need but he’s a good utility player for our midfield and is an upgrade on rotational players. We need legs in that midfield. My only issue is the price for Mount.
ten hag is not pragmatic enough and is now on fraud watch.

Not fraud watch at all. 3rd with a LC and FA cup finalists is far from fraud. What I will say is Erik needs to do a better job with “closing up shop” to get a result/stop a hammering.

The 7-0 at Anfield and the 2-2 at home to Sevilla.

Next season will be the real litmus test after ETH modifies the squad.

Yeah and Inter will be a much harder team to beat then Man U and harder to score against

And much more organised and they play 3 at the back which Pep does struggle with at times

Let's up Lukaku can turn up next week and put on a performance, if he does I will take back all the slander I have said about him since I first watched him play and say I was completely wrong about him
And there is loads :lolbron:

It’s gonna be a tight game.

Fergie would have won this game and found a way to compete for Prem titles and Champions League with these players.

I smell fraud

Nope. Next season will be where the rubber hits the road for ETH.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Arsenal were the only club in the top 9 this season who just rolled over and let City beat them home and away :hubie:

Even Spurs put some effort in and beat then at home

What’s your point breh, are you saying it wasn’t a big game? Be clear :patrice:

Just tell me a title deciding game between the top two wasn’t a big game
say-the-word-adrian-boseman.gif

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
His manager cares, that’s why he’s the first name on the team sheet
You're right... its the goals that matter. But lets not act like hes carying this team. They got him for the same reason Real got Cr7. They were already a great team

Daps
What’s your point breh, are you saying it wasn’t a big game? Be clear :patrice:

Just tell me a title deciding game between the top two wasn’t a big game
say-the-word-adrian-boseman.gif
I'm just saying they rolled over and let them beat them every time they played each other
Was that through fear? To much respect from Arteta over Pep ?

Both games were men against boys:hubie:

And let's face it one of the games they played the league was already over with, because of the results in the 3 games before for Arsenal, for people who are realistic

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
more DDG analysis.

DDG is the opposite of Van Der Sar

VDS was always calm. DDG nervous.

VDS was practically 10/10 with goal-keeping fundamentals. DDG has several technical holes in his game (coming off his line, not commanding his area, poor at punching the ball, weak, poor kicking).

VDS was unspectacular. DDG is master of the spectacular save.

VDS was a steady 7 - 8 game in, game out. DDG's performance fluctuates from low to (seldom these days) GOAT class.

VDS was highly concentrated throughout despite not having much to do in a game. DDG can lose focus and can be caught off guard.

VDS could play with his feet when required. DDG cannot.

VDS was elite under pressure. DDG lets pressure get to him.

VDS commanded his area. DDG has no presence.

VDS could save penalties. DDG can barely save any.

VDS had elite mentality. DDG hides / shows cowardice.

VDS rarely made unforced errors. DDG makes too many.

VDS was unspectacular but overall a better keeper. VDS didn't have the gifts of Schmeichel but his fundamentals and reliability mean that comparisons between the two are valid.

DDG's time is up.