Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
From Roman Abramovich to these people. Oh my God :mjlol:

They’re bringing back someone who was an utter failure at Chelsea and even worse at Everton. When we have two world class managers right now freely available

They've said that the interview process for the full time manager vacancy will take weeks, and I assume you don't want that Bruno bloke to be in charge for the rest of the season, so Lampard as a stop gap makes sense. He has a better record than Potter at Chelsea, some of the players are familiar with him, and doesn't come across as a lame PE teacher.

Naglesmann/Enrique/Poch/whoever ain't coming in until the summer anyway. :manny:

Jack Skellington

yes indeed family
Daps
Reppin
Halloween Town
frank-lampard-win.gif

You see that?

That passion?

I have had goosebumps since the news broke.

The Bernabeu won't know what it hit next week.

Talk soon.

:comeon:

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Kinda different cos Hodgson wasn’t sacked. He left at the end of his contract in 2021. :francis:

Tbf most fans are in favor Lampard having it until the end of the season. :ld:

I agree with Jamie here. Chelsea (and Madrid) the most toxic clubs when it comes to managers. Fans big part of that toxicity.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree with Jamie here. Chelsea (and Madrid) the most toxic clubs when it comes to managers. Fans big part of that toxicity.

If you want to call having standards 'toxicity' then fair enough. Two of the most toxic but successful clubs in the last however many years.

Potter was a shyt coach, he was deeply boring and had zero charisma. fukk him. :manny:

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
The whole chopping and changing works for Chelsea for some reason. So them continuing it makes sense. They've had great success the past 15 years constantly changing up their managers. Ride the wave of the new manager, win a league or two and possibly the CL, then do it all over again when things go south.

And I think Lampard coming in until end of the season makes sense for all parties. Lampard's reputation can't get worse as gonna be hard to have Chelsea do even worse. And if he goes on a decent run or somehow has some success in the CL his stock goes up. And for Chelsea gives them time to make a good decision on long term coach.

On another note, I need Sunday to hurry the fukk up. Arsenal properly being in a title race for the first time in nearly 20 years not been good for my heart. Soon as one round of games ends, i'm looking at fixture lists and permutations of what might happen over the next 9 games.

Unless we draw, this Sunday will one way or another have me more chilled out. If we win, i'll be more confident we'll win the league. Lose and i'll accept the likelihood is CIty will come out on top. At the moment feels properly in the balance