Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Inter needs to fire sale that team and bring in new people especially the coach.

N-gga's keep falling for those trap games

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Napoli might as well get the trophy now.

But by some strange design, 3 Italian teams might be in the quarter finals :why:

If two of us end up getting paired, one of us is guaranteed to be in the semi finals

We’re losing, at no cost :wow:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Ian Wright said he is 'gone' if BBC 'get rid' of Lineker​

Former England footballer Ian Wright has said on his podcast that he is “out” and “gone” if the BBC “get rid” of Gary Lineker.

In an episode of Wrighty’s House, aired on Friday before Lineker was told to step back from presenting Match Of The Day, Wright called the tweet row “the perfect distraction” for the government.

He added:

I’ll tell you something. If they do – the BBC get rid of Gary Lineker – I’m out, I’m gone. I’m not staying there. On his own platform he should be able to say what he wants to say.
Explaining the row, Wright said:

He wrote a tweet criticising the government about everything that’s happening, the human rights issues and everything here and it’s the perfect distraction for this government, man.
Gary’s tweet was the headline news, bro.
They need Gary Lineker to distract everybody because for me it is a human issue, it’s not political.
They’ve got no empathy. The most vulnerable ones are always the ones that suffer, they’re the ones that suffer and it starts with words.