Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
This is two games now (other being Newcastle) where we’ve struggled against teams that set up a narrow mid block. We’re gonna need someone that can make something out of nothing if we’re to go to the next level.

Ben White and Martinelli have to hold bench too. Martinelli keeps dribbling down blind alleys (and has been doing so since the league restarted) and Ben White has been lazy in possession for a couple games now.
With this narrow mid-block, I wonder if Jesus would have made a difference. We'd want to win the midfield battle, and he'd be the player that more naturally would come into the midfield

Yea lazy passes and as @OneManGang mentioned, Saka's getting doubled and there's no overlap.

I think Arteta's subs weren't great. I would've kept Partey and Odegaard on and subbed White earlier. And I would've taken of Xhaka, he was pretty quiet today

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Great to see a relegation candidate just get right into their opponent.

Sick of these shyte teams trying to play like Barcelona, Pep has truly ruined the fabric of our game.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
With this narrow mid-block, I wonder if Jesus would have made a difference. We'd want to win the midfield battle, and he'd be the player that more naturally would come into the midfield

Yea lazy passes and as @OneManGang mentioned, Saka's getting doubled and there's no overlap.

I think Arteta's subs weren't great. I would've kept Partey and Odegaard on and subbed White earlier. And I would've taken of Xhaka, he was pretty quiet today

I think you’re right about Jesus being a difference maker. It feels like a long time ago but he was that guy picking up the ball from midfield and running at players, which allowed Saka and Martinelli more space to drift in because they couldn’t get doubled.

I’m assuming it was an injury/fitness concern because Partey coming off made no sense. Jorginho wasn’t bad but he’s a complete different profile of player and not the type you need when you’re chasing a goal. Odegaard didn’t look right from when McNeil kicked him in the first half so he probably should have come off sooner too.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I think you’re right about Jesus being a difference maker. It feels like a long time ago but he was that guy picking up the ball from midfield and running at players, which allowed Saka and Martinelli more space to drift in because they couldn’t get doubled.

I’m assuming it was an injury/fitness concern because Partey coming off made no sense. Jorginho wasn’t bad but he’s a complete different profile of player and not the type you need when you’re chasing a goal. Odegaard didn’t look right from when McNeil kicked him in the first half so he probably should have come off sooner too.
I hope its more fitness than injury, cause i can't take another late season Partey injury