Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
If it wasn't for Rashford and Casemiro. Wan Bisakka would be my player of the month.

Hope he scores or assists to rile up those Charlton fans even more.:lolbron:
Would've rather had a healthy Dalot for City :francis:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

praise-baby.gif

Last edited:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

Dani Alves is being investigated for sexual assault in Spain.

I really hope this isn’t true. Dani is one of my favorite footballers. Finding out that he’s out here violating women would be heartbreaking :francis:

Last edited:

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Seeing all the Bolivians crying talking about "Copa do Brasil will pay you the same amount we can't compete this way" is wild, just take the money bytch damn

Entering a new commercial rights phase, the South American confederation Conmebol has increased prize money across its club competitions to $300 million. The winner of the flagship club competition, the Copa Libertadores, can now earn as much as $28 million.

The $300 million prize money distribution will be shared across the Copa Libertadores, the Copa Libertadores Feminina, the Copa Sudamericana and the Recopa. The Copa Libertadores will see a 21% increase in prize money.

In total $207.8 million will be distributed, including an additional $300,000 per group stage win. In 2023, a club will be able to bank up to $4.8 million in the group stage. With the increase across the competition, Conmebol claims that the Copa Libertadores will become the third-highest paid club competition in the world.

That additional proze money translates to $100,000 per match in the first phase of the Copa Sudamericana, the second-tier club competition and South American equivalent of the Europa League. Conmebol will pay out up to $77.8 million in the competition, a 30%.

Conmebol is also paying attention to the women’s club game with the Copa Libertadores Feminina seeing a 68% increase in prize money, up to $3.35 million for 2023.

The windfall comes on the back of Conmebol increasing license fees and partners for the rights for the 2023-2026 cycle with Globo, ESPN and Paramount, the rights holders in Brazil, the main market in South America. Streaming service OneFootball secured a highlights package. SBT, ESPN and Paramount will broadcast the Copa Sudamericana.

Conmebol boosts club competition prize money to $300m

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Running through the permutations in my head (dangerous, I know) but if results go United's a way, a win against Arsenal could put us level at the top should we beat them at the Emirates.

Arsenal would have a game in hand on United but crucially would still need to face City twice, whereas Utd would have already played both teams home and away

Ten Hag has me wanting to believe :snoop: