Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't even know that we had a game on

giphy.webp

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wow, Y'all really serious about Potter out? :ohhh:

He has has literally added nothing of value. Nothing even remotely interesting in terms of tactics and he's too much of a coward to drop senior players.

How is this a 'project' if you're playing the same old tired players and barely giving chances to young players. Chukwuemeka came on for 5 minutes today. Hutchinson who has impressed all season in the development squad gets nothing.

I understand Chelsea fans wanting to talk about Potter.

But when do we start a dialogue about Kalidou Koulibaly?
b.png

Koulibaly has flopped. If you can't defend wide areas as a CB in the Barclays then you're a liability.

He might be able to do a job in middle a 3 man defence but other than that he's cooked.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Nah bro, Boehly is doing some incredible things behind the scenes. Completely revamped the scouting network, recruitment structure and he's about to buy a Portuguese/French club to help further develop players. These are things that simply weren't happening under the previous owner.

He fell for Potter's PR and as somebody new to football I'll forgive him for that. What I won't forgive him for prolonging this nonsense for long. If he really wants to build a serious club then the hunt for a new manager is already underway.

Is boehly going to fix mistakes though?
He has has literally added nothing of value. Nothing even remotely interesting in terms of tactics and he's too much of a coward to drop senior players.

How is this a 'project' if you're playing the same old tired players and barely giving chances to young players. Chukwuemeka came on for 5 minutes today. Hutchinson who has impressed all season in the development squad gets nothing.

Koulibaly has flopped. If you can't defend wide areas as a CB in the Barclays then you're a liability.

He might be able to do a job in middle a 3 man defence but other than that he's cooked.

How is César Azpilicueta still getting first team minutes

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
As a united fan it's fukk arsenal but I'd take them winning the title over city again if we can't win it
This. 5 in 6 is gross, even 4 in 5 is bad. I’d have been ok with Pool getting one to make it 3 in 5.
Do we have faith in Liverpool to make a consistent top four run or nah? I hope (and think) so because I think Spurs are going to fall out of it, and if not for Liverpool, the top four looks like they might break away from the pack.

The relegation battle is going to be good, though.
I think Top 4 in no particular order: Arsenal, City, United, Newcastle. Isak coming back will be big for them.

Good business imo..at least from what I’ve seen of breh
When this Lens team get gutted in the Summer. :mjcry:
They better win the Ligue this year or it’s a wrap.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

In all seriousness United needs to send Maguire on a two year loan to Serie A, preferably Milan or Roma, his value would easily go back to 80m or even higher with Euros coming up.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Abramovich leaving chelsea is one of the worst things that ever happened to the club. He would never had signed someone like Potter in a million years. He definitely would’ve sacked Tuchel but not bring in potter
One of?

It is the worst thing, ridiculous he was forced to sell his club that he made successful because of a war his country of origin is in

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One of?

It is the worst thing, ridiculous he was forced to sell his club that he made successful because of a war his country of origin is in
Wasn't ridiculous at all. His country started a war. He is an Oligarch. Whether he supports the war or not he was going to be sanctioned to hell.

In the end he did well by Chelsea. Him trying to fight could have meant Chelsea not playing football.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP