Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
He's not GOAT tier and tbh on that image the GOAT tier is far too bloated.

GOAT tier is(no order, but we know it's Messi)

Pele
Messi
Maradona
C. Ronaldo

(Look I hate Ronaldo more than probably anyone here but the idea he's second tier there is insanity :dead: )

Then under that your tiers are much bigger.

Zidane is at the VERY top of the 'god tier' on par with a bunch of others.

that chart is a bit old now so for examplo messi should be moved up (and mbappe is missing .... ).

i think it is supposed to be in order so from best to worst within each tier - making zindane the 2nd worst in the GOAT tier.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

:hubie:

and then in 2006 as well ...

I initially wrote "WC/International play and five Madrid years" but then deleted it :russ:

My thinking was that if he was judged by today's media/fan standards and expectations he would be savaged for some of those France results.

But I might be wrong to use today's 'standards' to judge him. Because let's face it these 'standards/metrics' are fukking trash and I don't really pay any mind to them :hubie:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I initially wrote "WC/International play and five Madrid years" but then deleted it :russ:

My thinking was that if he was judged by today's media/fan standards and expectations he would be savaged for some of those France results.

But I might be wrong to use today's 'standards' to judge him. Because let's face it these 'standards/metrics' are fukking trash and I don't use really pay any mind to them :hubie:

list is far from perfect but it is pretty good overall.

"Widely regarded as one of the greatest players of all time, Zidane"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinedine_Zidane

"Totti is considered to be one of the best players of his generation"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francesco_Totti

:hubie:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
We really putting CR7 over the original Ronaldo?
It's painful bro but obviously yes.:whoa:

R9 may have been breathtaking and without injuries we'd have been talking about whether Messi took his GOAT spot a couple weeks ago probably ...

...but C.Ronaldo had a RIDICULOUS sustained period of production(and FAR more trophies and individual honours), like you just have to be honest about it, unfortunately.:damn:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Well well it's naby am always injured keita.if ox is starting ahead of u, u already know what klopp thinks lol

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's painful bro but obviously yes.:whoa:

R9 may have been breathtaking and without injuries we'd have been talking about whether Messi took his GOAT spot a couple weeks ago probably ...

...but C.Ronaldo had a RIDICULOUS sustained period of production(and FAR more trophies and individual honours), like you just have to be honest about it, unfortunately.:damn:
:mjcry: nah breh. Despite all the metrics and the accolades, you know in your football heart of hearts, CR7 isn't lacing R9's boots.

The metrics are fukked up man...the metrics are fukked up.