Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
Former Arsenal goalkeeper Fabianski defending his near post for that goal.

EW4sj8jXQAQ9k4d.jpg
:deadrose:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Wow so Liverpool saw Nunez play another stinker and said pull the trigger on Gakpo :dead:

This is a huge acknowledgement that Darwin is a flop imo. :sas2:

I see the normal United hand wringers are out in force :scust:

We’re good on the left wing, get a grip. If we don’t bring a forward in in Jan then fine cry but wait until then.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Wow so Liverpool saw Nunez play another stinker and said pull the trigger on Gakpo :dead:

Far from it, I’m a United fan as well and unless there is a personal agenda, it is clear to see there is a serious player in Darwin. Once he settles and composes himself, the goals are gonna come. His movement, strength and tenacity are legit and he does very well on the first time volley, first time shot.

Gakpo is more so to shore up their front line. Jota and Diaz still gonna be out for a long while. Diaz I’m hearing might be out till April.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps

I see the normal United hand wringers are out in force :scust:

We’re good on the left wing, get a grip. If we don’t bring a forward in in Jan then fine cry but wait until then.

Man missed four clear cut chances so they called PSV and said name your price. Hilarious stuff.

If they both flop :lupe:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Far from it, I’m a United fan as well and unless there is a personal agenda, it is clear to see there is a serious player in Darwin. Once he settles and composes himself, the goals are gonna come. His movement, strength and tenacity are legit and he does very well on the first time volley, first time shot.

Gakpo is more so to shore up their front line. Jota and Diaz still gonna be out for a long while. Diaz I’m hearing might be out till April.
In all seriousness he's useful, but I can't see him becoming the player you would want for what they paid.

Everyone thought Lukaku would learn how to control a ball once he settled and composed himself as well, never happened.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
In all seriousness he's useful, but I can't see him becoming the player you would want for what they paid.

Everyone thought Lukaku would learn how to control a ball once he settled and composed himself as well, never happened.
But first touch and finishing chances are two different things. Darwin has proven he can bang in goals at Benfica + in UCL. All top strikers have moments where they couldn’t buy a goal but the quality is there.

First touch is unlike finishing in that if you don’t have it, you ain’t gonna get it.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

gakpo is a good option at that price. even if they need to sell him they will be able to recoup a large chunk of that money from multiple clubs/leagues.

gakpo's crossing, playmaking, long shots and ability to progress the ball are the added value he would bring to man utd.

we have only scored 20 times in the league and now we don't even have ronny to play as placeholder up front. sancho is out for the time being. martial will get injured again.

gakpo is going to be providing quality crosses to VVD and nunez :picard: :hhh:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Who is this mysterious future GOAT we're criminally overlooking and what league are they playing in?

My man is crying about a player plying his trade in Eredi-fukking-visie isn't getting the same shine as a player tearing up the Premier League?

:dead:

:mjlol: more #coli-hot-takes

casuals dem look only at leagues, stats, youtube vids and other baby food .. real footy man dem use their own eyes

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
gakpo is a good option at that price. even if they need to sell him they will be able to recoup a large chunk of that money from multiple clubs/leagues.

This 100%. I also find it funny when people discredit a player’s potential because they come from a “smaller” league. The way I see it is this, if a player is over-performing in a “smaller” then wouldn’t that suggest they’re ready for a step up like Alvarez when he was in the Argentinian league. Smaller league but he was easily the best player in the league.

Few players fall out of the sky ready to play at Bayern or Real. There is always a growth stage. And its not like PSV are some backwater club. Big three in Holland and consistent feeder club for the Dutch NT, they can ID talent

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
This 100%. I also find it funny when people discredit a player’s potential because they come from a “smaller” league. The way I see it is this, if a player is over-performing in a “smaller” then wouldn’t that suggest they’re ready for a step up like Alvarez when he was in the Argentinian league. Smaller league but he was easily the best player in the league.

Few players fall out of the sky ready to play at Bayern or Real. There is always a growth stage. And its not like PSV are some backwater club. Big three in Holland and consistent feeder club for the Dutch NT, they can ID talent

bayern have a 33 year old "EPL reject" :mjlol: tearing it up for them don't they?? speaking of real, they bought casemiro for around 3.5 million euros but it took zidane to realise his value.

chicarito, da silva twins, dennis irwin, lee sharpe, kanchelkis, ole all plucked out of "lesser leagues". van der sar was "finished" by these bros reckoning because he played for fulham. yorke plucked from aston villa of all places.

the state of man utd's squad and constantly being outplayed by smaller clubs in smaller leagues (villarreal :picard: ) despite recent big names and high prices should have hammered this home by now.

Last edited:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
But first touch and finishing chances are two different things. Darwin has proven he can bang in goals at Benfica + in UCL. All top strikers have moments where they couldn’t buy a goal but the quality is there.

First touch is unlike finishing in that if you don’t have it, you ain’t gonna get it.
They both don’t have a good first touch and are both below average finishers for what they’re hyped up to be, so there’s a lot of similarities. Lukaku has banged in goals for fun at various points in his career but he’s still an average finisher.

What Darwin has on Romelu is that he at least works hard, which can create opportunities for his team.