Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Ces1ne?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY

Easier to free Brittney Griner than to get Joao Felix out of Atletico :picard:

Someone get Joe Biden on the phone :damn:

Great post:bryan::russ::bryan:…………Not anyone else’s fault that they paid a billion for him & can’t shift him outta there…..Atletico rarely makes a bad transfer, but once I saw the loot they paid for him I’m like:whoa::whoa::camby::umad:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK

Breh doesn’t even use twitter like that, but saw the Nunez comparisons and had to step in :laff:

I really don’t know when it started happening but the revisionist history on Andy Cole’s game is disrespectful :picard:

He was one of the most feared strikers in the league when I was growing up.

Daps
This Andy Cole Nunez comparison whilst being a bit harsh isnt completely unwarranted

He used to miss sitter after sitter week in week out all the time

In fact i would go as far to say he missed more sitters than he actually scored goals

There is a reason why Hoddle said in 98 that Andy cole needs 6 or 7 good chances to score 1 goal and that the reason why he not in the world cup squad

Hence the comparison towards Nunez now

Saying that though to score 180 odd goals in the PL with only 1 penalty is quite remarkable though
If he scored all the sitters he missed he would have ended up the top PL goalscorer

He might have scored less goals but i would still have Yorke over Cole if i had the choice of the 2 :hubie:

concise

Veteran
Daps
It's going to be difficult for the World Cup winning players to go back to giving a fukk about domestic football and random cups after a high like that in the middle of the season

Players usually try to maintain their best form going in to the WC

:laff:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I think I need to address my absence from this thread so people can stop saying I'm hiding.

Truth is I was so much in love with the world cup and the excitement it brought that the Premier League simply pales in comparison.

I can't bring myself to care about it at the moment.

It also doesn't help that I have become disenchanted with Manchester United. Didn't like how CR7 was handled by this new manager.

It also doesn't help that we have no direction. We are out of the Premier league race (again), league cup games do NOTHING for me, and to me there is ONLY one European Competition and we are not playing in it.

I will watch here and there and who knows maybe I will get more into it but right now I don't know.