Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
I don't even want a forward or false nine or attacker. I want someone who plays as a 9 full-time. No hybrids etc. Get one in January ETH.

ETH knows this.

But will the club agree? :francis:

The lack of proper strikers in football rn is shocking. I mean, a striker that can enter this team and make a difference from day 1.

This team needs an experienced striker. A Kane/Benzema type that drops deep and actually knows what they’re doing

Wudo75

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The lack of proper strikers in football rn is shocking. I mean, a striker that can enter this team and make a difference from day 1.

This team needs an experienced striker. A Kane/Benzema type that drops deep and actually knows what they’re doing

Yeah, see how good we (Bayern) play in the last three games with Choupo up front. A proper striker at best creates room for others, holds the ball so the offense can settle and needs not that much chances. So everyone gets a little more space, a little more better placement and a little more confindence.

In Germany for example we have no one for the national team (besides Havertz and he isnt a real striker). We even consider some strikers from the botton of the league to be playing at the world cup. That said, the reason why we clicked 2014 was Miroslav Klose. In 2016 we were by far the best team at the Euro. But without Klose the whole offensive tiki taka type of play wasn't sharp enough.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

Think that's why we were linked with Ivan Toney.

Daps
No dis to Toney, but is he really the best option out there for us?
He is better than everyone you have at the club at the moment so would improve the starting 11 straight away

Plus he would go there as Man U is a massive upgrade to where is he right now

None of the top top strikers in the world right now would want to move clubs and go to a club playing Europa League when the January transfer window opens.
They all want CL football