Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
PSV's Gakpo probably. :heh:

I think he's talking about Neymar, I'm not gonna look up the stats but he's better right now than he's been in years.

Like I said the world cup will come and Haaland will be watching it just like the rest of us. The hype machine will be working on someone else then.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Man gtfoh with this. No one is touching Haaland atm. No messi, ronaldo, mbappe and whoever u trying to not name due to assists.

Stop hating and appreciate
Who is this mysterious future GOAT we're criminally overlooking and what league are they playing in?

jump the gun brehs :picard: urukreh is doing well put people are going overboard too soon.

dixie dean scored 60 goals in the first division.

i wasn't a ronnie/messi fanboy/hay-tah and i ain't an uruk fanboy/hay-tah either.

chillax

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
jump the gun brehs :picard: urukreh is doing well put people are going overboard too soon.

i wasn't a ronnie/messi fanboy/hay-tah and i ain't an uruk fanboy/hay-tah either.

chillax

Dixie dean didnt play in an era with talents like today. Defensively and offense wise

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Yeah, when did combining goals and assists even become a thing? It seems very recent

official since the USA hosted the world cup :mjpls:

"FIFA started officially keeping track of assists in World Cup tournaments at the 1994 edition.[8] This was popularly ascribed to the popularity of detailed sports statistics among fans.[8] 1994 was also the first World Cup in which assists were used as a tie-breaker in determining the Golden Shoe award for top scorer.[8][9] In the event, both Hristo Stoichkov and Oleg Salenko tied with 19 points, from 6 goals and 1 assist.[9]"

* but seriously yeah pretty recent

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
When has the assist king ever gotten more attention than the leading goalscorer? Y'all can G+A all you want but the guy who finishes usually gets all the plaudits.

since henry @ arsenal

"2002–03 proved to be another productive season for Henry, as he scored 32 goals in all competitions while contributing 23 assists—remarkable returns for a striker.[23] In doing so, he led Arsenal to another FA Cup triumph (where he was man-of-the-match in the Final),[24] although Arsenal failed to retain their Premier League title.[25] Throughout the season, he competed with Manchester United's Ruud van Nistelrooy for the league scoring title, but the Dutchman edged Henry to the Golden Boot by a single goal.[8] Nonetheless, Henry was named both the PFA Players' Player of the Year and FWA Footballer of the Year.[26][27] His rising status as one of the world's best footballers was affirmed when he emerged runner-up for the 2003 FIFA World Player of the Year award.[19] With 24 goals and 20 assists in the league, Henry set a new record for most assists in a single Premier League season,[28] and also became the first player in history to record at least 20 goals and 20 assists in a single season in one of Europe's top–five leagues—this feat has since been matched by Lionel Messi in 2020.[29][30]"

his wiki page ...

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija

chillax
It’s going over nikka’s heads what your point is my lutefisk brother :heh: but what’s already understood don’t need to be said :wow:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
It’s going over nikka’s heads what your point is my lutefisk brother :heh: but what’s already understood don’t need to be said :wow:

:picard:

brehs already releasing their r9/pele vs haaland videos

restess nights up practicing their hamlet-like haaland-soliloquies

"to what should i compare thee 'earthling' haaland"
full

monday night footy - with GNev and Spitty

Screenshot-2022-10-08-at-02-35-24.png

Last edited:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
:picard:

brehs already releasing their r9/pele vs haaland videos

restess nights up practicing their hamlet-like haaland-soliloquies

"to what should i compare thee 'earthling' haaland"
full

monday night footy - with GNev and Spitty

Screenshot-2022-10-08-at-02-35-24.png

Yeah some ppl go overboard with it, but you are hating if you can't admit that his start to the premier league has been legendary.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Yeah some ppl go overboard with it, but you are hating if you can't admit that his start to the premier league has been legendary.
You got me on ignore but you get called out again on your activity and suddenly you posting more than you have since you went running in the winter it was obvious we was winning the league :mjpls:

You really think Arsenal gonna do us :mjgrin: don’t think I don’t see you laying the groundwork to talk shyt about us with an easy 3 points against the Saints :mjpls:

We doing them and then you man after it’s gonna backfire on you yet again :umad: