Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Hold up.. no disrespect.. but.. why u Brits cancel games? :dahell:
Well they’re trying to dress it up as respect, as well as some policing concerns.

But the real reason is they’re scared about what might happen when they try and do a minutes silence and play the anthem at certain grounds.

Any disrespect would make front page news ‘football’s day of shame’ you know the sort of headline. They don’t have these worries with cricket etc because they’re all middle class flag shaggers.

Essentially they don’t want the ‘great unwashed’ voicing their feelings in any way that might reflect badly on on the sport.

But of course, we are a democracy and believe in free speech, never forget that. :mjlol:

Last edited:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
@Roberto Firmino When he reads this.

557R8Yw.gif
Whoever you are quoting I must have on ignore :troll:

Wudo75

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In a meeting with Tuchel and his staff the new chelsea owners Todd Boehly and Behdad Eghbali rooted for a 4:4:3 System. Let this sink in for a moment...

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well they’re trying to dress it up as respect, as well as some policing concerns.

But the real reason is they’re scared about what might happen when they try and do a minutes silence and play the anthem at certain grounds.

Any disrespect would make front page news ‘football’s day of shame’ you know the sort of headline. They don’t have these worries with cricket etc because they’re all middle class flag shaggers.

Essentially they don’t want the ‘great unwashed’ voicing their feelings in any way that might reflect badly on on the sport.

But of course, we are a democracy and believe in free speech, never forget that. :mjlol:
Surely they’ll still have a moment of silence next weekend as well?

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Surely they’ll still have a moment of silence next weekend as well?
You would think so, but i suppose it wouldn't be quite so sensitive then.

I don't think they've announced the exact date of the funeral yet. If it's that weekend I wouldn't be surprised if they get called off again. :damn:

Better not be as i'm meant to be going to the Leeds game.

Would be stupid if United can go away to Sheriff(which is confirmed as on) then can't play Leeds at home.

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Smacks of elitism cancelling the games while pretty lilly white middle/upperclass sports like cricket continue, this is even though i love my cricket.
Would be stupid if United can go away to Sheriff
Aint no minute of silence going aheard there, BT may as well not show the match because of the dissent that'll be shown