Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I'm intersted to see how Martinelli and Tierny combine. Tierney pushes down the wing, but Martinelli likes to hug the touchline as well. I wonder if he'll swap with Jesus a bit more.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Partey was there last season too. What makes Xhaka push up is Jesus drifing wide and/or actually attacking goal as opposed to Lacazette who would drop into a False 9 position. (even when he wasn't supposed to.)

Elneny isn't Partey but he's not a muppet either. If he plays solidly, then I don't see too much of an issue. I want to see the Saliba v Mitrovitc battle. That's where the game is gonna be won or lost.
We should beat Fulham. Partey was not there for chunks of last season. Xhaka is basically being game planned into looking useful which is better than what we we were doing last season. But there’s no plan B. Once the equilibrium gets ruined by injuries, we have no solid back up plans or players for that 8 position or single pivot.

Elneny nor Xhaka has ever shown the ability to turn away from pressure and get the ball up the field so that worries me

nahnah

Superstar
Daps
Gallagher with the worst possible start to his Chelsea career.

Dreadful against Leeds and then sent off today.

Yeah you can make the excuse that he's playing in an unfamiliar position but that still doesn't excuse how bad he's been.

Man been watching Jonathan Woodgate's Real Madrid highlight reel for inspiration :whew: