Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We did a Euro 2012 thread pool. Which @ThaPrez won.

There are 2 reasons why not to bring money involved. A) Do you really trust to give money to some Internet random to hold for 10 months? B) Something could happen to the bursar for whatever reason and the moneys gone and then people got questions.
oh shyt, i half remember, good times

kunty is right, i don't know most of you let you hold the cash for 10 months

maybe something like this:

seems like a service designed for this purpose

i'll enter any league and i back myself, so whoever is game, let's go

and the guy talking about most points in the first half and second half? not sure about this one
and most valuable team? hell no

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
We did a Euro 2012 thread pool. Which @ThaPrez won.

There are 2 reasons why not to bring money involved. A) Do you really trust to give money to some Internet random to hold for 10 months? B) Something could happen to the bursar for whatever reason and the moneys gone and then people got questions.

Oh I deff know these would be the top 2 reasons, but with the rise of smart contracts you’d think some developer would have developed an app for that.

Ex: 10 players put up $/€/£ 100 into a pool. Then each player is given an ID that they tie to their FPL acct.

An algorithm would be programmed to release funds to a specific ID under certain conditions. So for the 2022 season, you write a script to scrape the FPL site for the FPL name with the highest point total after a certain period of time, then match the FPL name to the ID. The algorithm would recognize the match then release the funds to the respective account.

Whole point of digital autonomous organizations (DAO). This is a good use case here. Just a thought

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Roma's keeping tradition alive :francis:

EhWMRJJXYAE4YUK

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Serie A might be battle this season, Inter, Milan, Juve, Napoli is still a ?, Atalanta, and Roma if they can get Belotti

Inter, Milan and Juve, yes. Napoli losing Koulibaly is big. Roma I’m interested in how much of a challenge they can mount. Atalanta needs more depth, injuries derailed em bad in the latter half of last season.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
and the guy talking about most points in the first half and second half? not sure about this one
and most valuable team? hell no

That was me, moreso spitballing ideas.

My main group has a $250 entry fee and is called “The Super League” we have like 30 people signed up and we give out 3 cash prizes

1. Team of the week
2. Cup Winner
3. League Winner

With FPL, when people get too behind they kinda give up and check out. But weekly cash prizes keeps things interesting (obviously the weekly winnings would be smaller)

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That was me, moreso spitballing ideas.

My main group has a $250 entry fee and is called “The Super League” we have like 30 people signed up and we give out 3 cash prizes

1. Team of the week
2. Cup Winner
3. League Winner

With FPL, when people get too behind they kinda give up and check out. But weekly cash prizes keeps things interesting (obviously the weekly winnings would be smaller)
Yeah, props on coming up with ideas.

Cup is always a good one

The H2H league is also good, because every week counts and it doesn't really matter what you did before that, because it's not a cumulative points total

Manager of the Month is also good (1) because it's tracked on the site automatically and (2) it gives someone a chance to win something every month

I completely get the fun of doing 'team of the week', no problem with it, but it wouldn't sit so well with me because I'm usually planning for a 4-6 week period, and individual weeks concern me less when I'm thinking of the bigger picture. Some weeks you gotta drop a little to destroy the following weeks (the way I play a least)

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Hicksy said:
In true transfer muppetry madness. To the tune of Stan:

My team wants me sold, I wonder why
I went out on tour at all
Morning rain clouds up my window
I'm Avoiding Ten Hag’s calls,
And even if I could, i'd call my agent today,
But my wage from this transfer stall
Reminds me, that it’s not so bad
It’s not so bad.

Dear Frankie, I text you but you still ain’t callin’
I left my snapchat, my whatsapp, and my home phone at the bottom
I put two offers in in autumn, you must not’ve got em
There probably was a problem with our fax machine or something’
But anyways, feck it, what’s been up man? How’s Xavi's Barca?
I heard they're in a lot of debt, at least, according to Marca
If we have to start with Martial, guess what ima do?
Im gonna have to sell Ronnie
I read about Xavi too, I’m sorry
We had the same thing with Ole, that bytch wouldn’t play Donnie
I know you hear this everyday, but I’m your biggest fan
I even got those old Ajax training ground videos with you and Staam
My phones full of your insta reels and your pictures man
Your transfer turned redcafe into Rawk too, this thread is fat

Anyways I hope you get this man, hit me back
Just to chat, i don’t mean to nag,
This is Hag