Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
You can't convince me this wasn't a gamble gone bad.

I mean, financially it's probably better than what Juve put on the table but I'm sure this dude's team would have been telling him about Inter, AC, Barcelona, Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid etc. when he turned down the Juve contract.

When keeping it real goes wrong :francis:

2 Red flags. Fitness and image rights.

Can also argue does he fit modern football with the pressing and his best position is as a SS. Not many teams play with 2 strikers. Inter is one of those teams that do.

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps

Cristiano in his Russell Westbrook arc :youngsabo: Mendes' finally has to work to earn his money with Ronaldo.

That move would confirm something I always knew about Ronaldo, this dude doesn't care about any specific set of fans or legacy at any club. Since day one he's always just wanted to be the best and never really mattered where that happened.

He would probably seriously consider a move to Liverpool if Klopp was interested.

Can't really knock that about him as the concept of loyalty in football has always been flawed and very one sided

(Good) players are expected to be loyal to the club for as long as their talents justify a place but as soon as you fall off, it's the door for you and you'll be lucky to get a send off:camby:.

Hopefully what this will do however is dispel the myth that he ever "loved" United.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I think the guy doesn’t have enough time to assess everything, and doesn’t want to create a massive headline before the season. He’s trying to keep things as low as possible. Hell Flex asked an underhand throw, and he pivoted away from that.

ten hag: "martinez brings some of that south american attitude and .... " :picard:

yep. creh is definitely not an urbane sophisticate like klopp (became) or tuchel.

if things take a wrong turn the press will bar-b-q him.

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So no one talking about United being priced out from signing Antony!?

We are Manchester Fukin United. We generate the most revenue in world football but we get priced out from signing a player that our new manager really wants in his first season in charge?

Everyone can just fuk off!

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

We are Manchester Fukin United. We generate the most revenue in world football but we get priced out from signing a player that our new manager really wants in his first season in charge?

how much do you think anthony should cost?

by all accounts we are still chasing FdJ, a RB and a CDM.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Keep going :blessed:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
My guess is ETH is planning Maguire and Martinez as his 1st choice CBs. Varane will come in if Maguire performs poorly.
This is a bad guess because

-They're both left-footed

-They both need to play with a more mobile complimentary half.

-CB was not a very high priority at United yet we've gone out and signed someone in Maguire's positional profile for a considerable amount of money

If we're playing Martinez/Maguire this season something has gone very wrong.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
This is a bad guess because

-They're both left-footed

-They both need to play with a more mobile complimentary half.

-CB was not a very high priority at United yet we've gone out and signed someone in Maguire's positional profile for a considerable amount of money

If we're playing Martinez/Maguire this season something has gone very wrong.
Varane and Bailly are made out of toothpicks.

The first few games of the season are going to be painful before it gets better