Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Chelsea about to go to mid-table status with Todd Boehly as owner. Nikka already talking about "no more wild spending" :mjlol:

@SCORCH how u feel about that?

I'm gonna let the whole transfer window play out before passing comment. :hubie:

Chelsea keep wasting big fees and wages on average players anyway so I'm in no real rush to see them splash the cash.

If they don't sign a single player this summer but fix the recruitment processes for future windows that's a bigger win than just signing somebody for the sake of it.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not sure any one manager should have complete control like that simply because they do not have time to actually scout players.

Ideal scenario is a manager should present the profile of player he wants for his style and then a director / scouts present him with the best available options.

Unfortunately for Chelsea they have the worst scouts in Europe so Tuchel is probably better off doing it on his own until the new owners destroy and rebuild that department.

*This is coming from Matt Law who has a confirmed source inside the Bohely camp. Law gave his source away by positing a screenshot during the takeover bid but failed to crop out the guy's name so he's as legit as it comes with any Chelsea news.

Yeah, we need a director of football ASAP if this is Tuchel's level of player ID:

:lupe:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Yeah, we need a director of football ASAP if this is Tuchel's level of player ID:

:lupe:

Id say he likes the profile more than the actual player tbh. Mobile good in the air and able to play LB/LCB also knows the PL (which has been a Chelsea problem with the recruitment) so less adjustment. If you're going to continue to play 3 at the back having a actual left footer at LCB changes things especially a mobile one. Seeing someone like Slabhead play LCB in the 3. :scust:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Id say he likes the profile more than the actual player tbh. Mobile good in the air and able to play LB/LCB also knows the PL (which has been a Chelsea problem with the recruitment) so less adjustment. If you're going to continue to play 3 at the back having a actual left footer at LCB changes things especially a mobile one. Seeing someone like Slabhead play LCB in the 3. :scust:

Always thought Ake was dreadful in the air. Just checked fbref and it looks like he had a much better year in that regard but he's way too undersized for me to take that seriously.

I'm skeptical on Kounde for the very same reason although I think he's a much better overall player than Ake from what I've seen.

LCB should be Colwill anyway. There is genuinely no need to buy a random scrub for the sake of it, especially when you have a young talent like Colwill ready to be plugged in. But of course they will because it's a Chelsea thing.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Same Marina that bought Kepa for 72m and gave him a 7 year contract.

Now flipping the young talent coming through so she can make even more shytty deals. :unimpressed:

But he'll be worth something in 25/26 or whenever his agent decides to move on.

Spending 130m on somebody who has history of flopping in all the big Premier League games and has no CL pedigree. One Serie Ass title to his name and nothing else. :unimpressed:

Yet another Marina disaster to add to the growing list. :manny:

@Low End Derrick I won.