Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Ok this makes more sense. I have no qualms with KC, I just wanted to understand the reasoning. Cincinnati would also make sense. They already host the Cincinnati Open in tennis and have the infrastructure for it.

I heard the FIFA officials didn't like FedEx field and the money it would take to get it ready for the WC just wasn't worth it, makes sense. And although Baltimore has the stadium to host a WC, the surrounding areas leave a lot to be desired.

Makes more sense now. It's a balancing act of tourism, soccer culture, infrastructure and logistics when selecting the host cities.

utc5u5nkz1691.jpg

The map does really show why KC was picked. It is pretty much in the center of the country. It might not be the most exciting of the cities, but it has a soccer culture and the alternates to KC were probably Cincinnati or Denver. I'm almost surprised with the amount of games that the USMNT has been playing in the state of Ohio that Cinci wasn't picked.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
I don't think Pogba is doing himself any favors with this documentary. Maybe the full documentary will make him look better but these excerpts are awful for him, I understand him being out of touch but people around him should know better.
I don’t care about this situation breh, I just saw a chance to shyt on Mourinho :pachaha: