Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SnugglesDaBear

Superstar
Daps
First Villa, then Leeds, now It’s time for Forest to return another big club to top flight English football.

Aankomst_Nottingham_Forrest_op_Schiphol%2C_Ajax_1_tegenstanders_voor_de_Europa_Cup%2C_Bestanddeelnr_930-7831.jpg

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
They wouldn’t have been able to get the £100m+ each for them like it was reported but I honestly think they would have been able to get £20m+ more than they’ll be able to get now. Reports are saying Bayern are going to offer £30m for Mane and unless their recruitment is on point, I can’t see how they’ll be able to replace his output for a similar amount.

6 of L’pool’s starting 11 are 28+ and considering the intensity of Klopp’s tactics and the fact that they’ve been playing 50+ games a season for the last 3 seasons, they need to refresh the squad. FSG aren’t gonna give a war chest so I think they needed to start selling and replacing players from about 2 seasons ago.

You signed Pepe for 72m. Napoli signed Osimhen for 70m. Best believe Liverpool could of gotten 100m+ for Salah and Mane in 20 and 21.

Careful now about highlighting Klopps intensity tactics games played and the age. I've been told there is no such thing. :sas2:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK

What a waste of time.:dead:

ETH has always worked with a DoF so unless someone is coming in, getting rid of Ralf makes zero sense.

If ETH wants to try his hand at managing transfers and recruiting, I’ve got more faith in this rebuild taking longer than expected :lolbron:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
You signed Pepe for 72m. Napoli signed Osimhen for 70m. Best believe Liverpool could of gotten 100m+ for Salah and Mane in 20 and 21.

Careful now about highlighting Klopps intensity tactics games played and the age. I've been told there is no such thing. :sas2:

I was being conservative on the transfer market but if they could have gotten £100m+ then that’s even more of a faux pas from Liverpool by not selling at least one of them and refreshing the squad.

The commentators last night kept talking about how tired the Liverpool players looked so it’s a valid criticism. Those asthma pumps are only so powerful :lolbron:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
ETH has always worked with a DoF so unless someone is coming in, getting rid of Ralf makes zero sense.

If ETH wants to try his hand at managing transfers and recruiting, I’ve got more faith in this rebuild taking longer than expected :lolbron:
Rangnick wasn't going to be director of football or directly overseeing transfers, he was going to consult on the infrastructure of the club, that's why this is worrying.

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
football heritage :win:

this has gotta be Madrid's sweetest champions league win, considering the amount of people disrespecting their squad like the bias english media. they took out all the elite english clubs and psg. I still need to watch the post match for the plea copping. such a damn shame mbappe won't be in a white shirt next year.

I forgot to mention Vinicious as the next all time great Brazilian. he has the looks (or lack of looks) to qualify :russ:
THey need to move rodrygo and make him Benz replacement instead wasting him on rw. Then go out an get a real rw to go along with valverde and cama

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Rangnick wasn't going to be director of football or directly overseeing transfers, he was going to consult on the infrastructure of the club, that's why this is worrying.

If that’s the case, I think ETH probably gave the word to let go of Rangnick. Steve McClaren said ETH pretty much had a hand in the entire structure of FC Twente’s philosophy all the way down to the academy. Might not be the worst thing in the world since Twente won the Eredivisie when he was the assistant there.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
If that’s the case, I think ETH probably gave the word to let go of Rangnick. Steve McClaren said ETH pretty much had a hand in the entire structure of FC Twente’s philosophy all the way down to the academy. Might not be the worst thing in the world since Twente won the Eredivisie when he was the assistant there.
Nah they won it after EtH had left, but you're right about the relationship they had at Twente.

Steve talks about it here:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Nah they won it after EtH had left, but you're right about the relationship they had at Twente.

Steve talks about it here:

Ahh, I got my years mixed up. Even still, it shows that he’s able to help build a structure that can achieve success. Obviously, I don’t want him to be too successful at Utd but the football fan in me is interested to see his attempt at completely revamping the club.