Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

Kroos knows his bredrin dem :wow: . Germany is a negative country :ufdup:

Kroos agreed that they had been dominated (been under [intense] pressure) but said "what do you expect. this is no 'group match somewhere'. this is the champions league final, of course you are going to be under [intense] pressure".

He also called the 2 questions "sh*t" which is allowed in Germany. To say sh*t is no big deal in DE.

He said the bit about him being German right at the end :picard:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
You would think he won them the scudetto :dwillhuh: I know Roma was in a trophy drought but that Conference league win feels a tad overblown. I went to the r/soccer and it was all about Roma the past few days. Maybe theres some something i'm missing.
Firstly Mourinho and the team took Conference League seriously and then fans followed the lead. Conference League ended up being a lot better than expected with PSV, Marseille, Feyenoord, Leicester in the knockout stages, and playing their best players.

All other Italian teams got knocked out of Europe fairly early so all eyes were on Roma.

Roma not only has a big fan base but also the most unreasonable fan base. Always have high expectations for no reason what so ever.

And also this was the last trophy Roma won:russ:

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
You would think he won them the scudetto :dwillhuh: I know Roma was in a trophy drought but that Conference league win feels a tad overblown. I went to the r/soccer and it was all about Roma the past few days. Maybe theres some something i'm missing.

It's a big deal to them :yeshrug: Mourinho said on interview that he does not see it as a great trophy on par with a league title or a Champions League, "but it is our Champions League." As in, that's the height of Roma's aspirations at this point in time, winning a second tier European competition or the Coppa Italia. For the fans and the players and the board, this is their Champions League. They can't hope to win the real thing, obviously they didn't even qualify for it.

He also said that he thinks it is as good as the Europa League in terms of the quality of the teams, excepting the fact that the Conference group stage is really easy. The knock-out phase was equal to the Europa League according to him

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
@Liu Kang that being said they're up to some scandalous shyt in Rome :mjlol: I saw an article about parents complaining that a primary school forced the kids to sing Roma chants. One of the kids was a Lazio fan and he started crying :deadrose:

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
I know them Liverpool fans and players hurting right now :mjgrin:

These Spanish Teams are so fukking lucky in the European finals though. 8 final wins in a row for RM.

AT LEAST 4 for Barcelona. 3 for Sevilla and 1 for Villarreal.

That's at least 16 finals without a defeat by my count