Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Breh's.

My 8 year old son had his first day of club tryouts last night. He's played Rec league and indoor, but this is his first time trying out for one of the local club teams. Not gonna lie I was pretty nervous when he first went out there. He's trying out for one of the better clubs in the state, but after the first few minutes he started to get his confidence when there were playing 6v6. Scored a few goals and one of the coaches pulled him aside to ask him what position he likes to play, what club he's played for and who had coached him (me). Took that as a good sign that he impressed. Been working with him since he could walk.

Follow up on this. So my son was offered a spot on the "B" team. There is an A, B, C, and a select (not fully committed to a year) team. Teams are fairly small with about 12-13 players on a team and they play 7v7 at this age. Was ok with him being selected to the B team based on he's never played club soccer and on a full size team he'd probably be around 20th on the team.

So with all that said I saw the bill for how much it's going to cost for him to play club soccer. $2515.00 which does not include fees for tournaments or all the kits, warmups, bags. Not sure what to do now. I knew the sport wasn't cheap especially here in the USA, but wasn't expecting to pay $3000 either.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Follow up on this. So my son was offered a spot on the "B" team. There is an A, B, C, and a select (not fully committed to a year) team. Teams are fairly small with about 12-13 players on a team and they play 7v7 at this age. Was ok with him being selected to the B team based on he's never played club soccer and on a full size team he'd probably be around 20th on the team.

So with all that said I saw the bill for how much it's going to cost for him to play club soccer. $2515.00 which does not include fees for tournaments or all the kits, warmups, bags. Not sure what to do now. I knew the sport wasn't cheap especially here in the USA, but wasn't expecting to pay $3000 either.

That's a lot. :whew:My eldest son plays for 2 teams. Costs me around me £60 a month obviously not including the kits and etc. 2nd son plays for 1 team and costs around £35 a month. Have you looked at other clubs? Unless of course your son is taking it seriously then you might not have a choice.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
That's a lot. :whew:My eldest son plays for 2 teams. Costs me around me £60 a month obviously not including the kits and etc. 2nd son plays for 1 team and costs around £35 a month. Have you looked at other clubs? Unless of course your son is taking it seriously then you might not have a choice.

Yeah, that's what is holding me back is the cost. The USA is backwards when it comes to the youth and playing. A sport that is free around the rest of the world costs thousands here. There are a few cheaper options around here, but I'm fearful that it's parent/volunteer coached teams and honestly I don't want my son being coached by some guy named Tim whose son doesn't want to be out there playing.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Going off the PSG and Chelsea games. I see Real having 1 good 30 mins spell. Now it depends how they're going to play it. Blitz Citeh and use the crowd from the start get a couple of goals and then defend and counter for the rest of the match. Or contain and frustrate Citeh don't concede in the first half and then charge Citeh in the second with fresh legs off the bench.

Last edited:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Kunty McPhuck

anotherone-dj-khaled.gif

England eating off Cobham for the next 20 years. Roman's real legacy. :wow: