Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
it's not "research".

if you pass comment (read: pronouncements) on football you need to know these things. everyone and their dog (even Ty) knows that arsenal had their glory days in the 30's (chapman), spurs in the 60's, man utd initially in the 60's etc. those are major events and periods in football.

you don't see me (the brit) in the american football and basketball threads making pronouncements because i don't know those sports well.

yet in here (sometimes ...) :picard: hot-takes ... :wow:

in the F1 thread too tho :wow:

It's not on me. Don't put it on me. Everybody knows Liverpool are 6 times European champions and that Forest and Villa were Europen champions too. The football hype industry however does not acknowledge this.

Jamie Carragher is a professional footballer and a professional journalist. What's more he is old enough to have seen a lot of the Liverpool side of the 80s. But he still ignored them when he said that the current Liverpool - Man City rivalry is the best in English history.

He's the one who passed that comment, or that pronouncement. I didn't. I took it in good faith and reacted to it. So don't throw that shyt at me. The only mistake I made was accepting what he said without looking into it deeper than the 90s, which is as far back as I go in terms of my living memory.

Why do they do this? I can't say. But all the football media whether professional or social operates under the view that football was invented in 1992, and when things like best ever sides are discussed they rarely if ever consider anything pre-Champions League and pre-Premier League.

Edit: the other mistake I made in my "pronouncement" is that I forgot about Liverpool's 2001 UEFA Cup win, which makes it 3 out of a possible 26 European titles between 1991 and 2004 and not 2 as I initially wrote. But you didn't pick up on that either, so miss me with that attitude.

Last edited:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
City had to play a weak side back to back to back high intensity games..lucky for us we " wrapped up"the benfica tie away