Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
do any of yall think Nkunku has the skill set to pattern his game after Benz? He's a talented player but I wondering what his best position is. He played striker today and he did well so I'm wondering if he can turn into a Benzema like striker.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
do any of yall think Nkunku has the skill set to pattern his game after Benz? He's a talented player but I wondering what his best position is. He played striker today and he did well so I'm wondering if he can turn into a Benzema like striker.

He definitely looks like he's made for false 9 role than as a traditional #9. Cannot compare him to Benz tho as he was always a #9/SS while NKunku was a midfielder CM/AM/W while coming thru. Benz grew up playing with his back to goal NKunku is use to the play being in front of him. NKunku is definitely the modern false 9 type the AM pushed up higher vs the old skool SS types who are basically playing their natural role anyway it's just without their traditional strike partner.

This is NKunku first season scoring consistently and it's in the Bundesliga so the numbers are most likely inflated. Yeah I know he scored a lot in the CL but still early to say he can replicate Benz goal output season in season out.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
He definitely looks like he's made for false 9 role than as a traditional #9. Cannot compare him to Benz tho as he was always a #9/SS while NKunku was a midfielder CM/AM/W while coming thru. Benz grew up playing with his back to goal NKunku is use to the play being in front of him. NKunku is definitely the modern false 9 type the AM pushed up higher vs the old skool SS types who are basically playing their natural role anyway it's just without their traditional strike partner.

This is NKunku first season scoring consistently and it's in the Bundesliga so the numbers are most likely inflated. Yeah I know he scored a lot in the CL but still early to say he can replicate Benz goal output season in season out.
great answer

I'm asking because I'm trying to map out and see who will take over the 9 position for the Blues after Benz starts slowing down. Guiri from Nice play style resembles Benz in some instance, but he's not that much of a scorer. Ben Yadder is a good shout but he's slow as hell.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

FQEiFTmakAsro9q