Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Switch

All Star
Daps
Benzema been a monster last few years maybe Cr7 was the problem all along, I know he had to adapt his game for him but he’s gone up so many levels.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I don't think it's a formation issue as much as it is a personnel one.

Chilwell's season ending injury and Reece James being out for 2-3 months in the busiest period of the year effectively ended our title hopes and any real hopes of competing in Europe. James is back now but is super rusty.

I think Tuchel went with a back 3 because it suited the team he took over. And instead of really being backed in the summer after winning the CL the club got him a striker he didn't really want and Saul. So who really knows what formation he wants?

Just to add, Tuchel doesn't have any serious forwards. I've got nothing but admiration for him for making us believe with arguably the worst set of forwards at any top club in Europe.

I agree with the personnel side of things. I find the team kinda slow. :ld: The lack of genuine goal threats from other areas and when you see the line up it feels like it's 7 defender types and 3 attackers makes it more a counter team than a possession team. When I watch Chelsea it's more functional football than exciting.

Knowing Tuchels history at Mainz Dortmund and PSG he was flexible with the formation often dependant on the opps.

We know Chelsea and transfer phuckery with previous coaches. Happened with Jose x2. Ancelotti. Wanted certain players especially after winning trophies and get given something else altogether.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Benzema been a monster last few years maybe Cr7 was the problem all along, I know he had to adapt his game for him but he’s gone up so many levels.

there was a season where that boy had 5 goals, had me talking all kind of foul shyt about him :picard:
CR might have held him back tbh

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
It's not sustainable and doesn't work without true wingbacks, he's committed to it hence why I want to see his vision with players he deems appropriate brought in. Even with that said a lot of the current players have been shocking for a while now

Tbh I think the summer/the congestion of fixtures over the last year has probably caught up with them. They look leggy. Mount hasn't looked great when I've watched him this season compared to the previous 2 campaigns.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
there was a season where that boy had 5 goals, had me talking all kind of foul shyt about him :picard:
CR might have held him back tbh

Tbh 11 and 5 in b2b season aren't great totals for an elite striker especially in La Liga where it was easy to score for good striker around that time frame.

His finishing has become far more clinical to what it was.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Tbh 11 and 5 in b2b season aren't great totals for an elite striker especially in La Liga where it was easy to score for good striker around that time frame.

16 goals in 2 seasons? :picard:
But he has been very very very impressive since Ronaldo left. I used to say he was clearly third best in that Suarez, Lewa, Benz debate. Now I feel those 3 are interchangeable. They’d most likely have similar numbers if they switched teams :yeshrug:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Benz and mbappe getting fed by pogba in the World Cup :wow:
crazy how France has the 1 and 2 best player in the world

if Deschamp knew anything about midfield play and passing pattern, they would walk the world cup. a midfield 3 of Pogba Caqueret and Tchoumeni/Kante with that forward line(a more mature Dembele on the right) would be up there with some of the best world cup teams ever. but instead, he's going to play a midfield 2 with Greizman(:scust:) in front of them. that man is a football terrorist. real talk. he's not even going to call up Caqueret. a possession base skilled player. he's gonna call up bums like Rabiot and Tolliso.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Everton fans were singing "Super Frank" at 2-1 :mjlol:

Taking Anthony Gordon off when he's their best player currently was a mad one

They'd have more points with Rafa :whew:
You watched Burnley-Everton instead of Chelsea-Madrid? :ohhh:

He was completely out of form that one season, I remember him missing bunch of sitters. But he's always deferred to Cristiano, having the mobility, passing and technical ability to interchange with Ronaldo made that team tick.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
@SCORCH @Roid Jones @Low End Derrick

You think the 343 done? Kinda giving me the Conte 2nd season vibes. Teams have worked out to play against it. :ld: Not sure of its sustainable without 4 high quality wingbacks.

With the number of defenders leaving might be the perfect time to transition to a back 4 which Tuchel has done at times this season but obviously hasn't looked as secured.

They can go back to a back 4 like against Brentford, worked out very well for them.

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Imagine an Algerian front three of Mbappe - Benzema - Mahrez :wow: