Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
@SCORCH @Roid Jones @Low End Derrick

You think the 343 done? Kinda giving me the Conte 2nd season vibes. Teams have worked out to play against it. :ld: Not sure of its sustainable without 4 high quality wingbacks.

With the number of defenders leaving might be the perfect time to transition to a back 4 which Tuchel has done at times this season but obviously hasn't looked as secured.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You think the 343 done? Kinda giving me the Conte 2nd season vibes. Teams have worked out to play against it. :ld: Not sure of its sustainable without 4 high quality wingbacks.

With the number of defenders leaving might be the perfect time to transition to a back 4 which Tuchel has done at times this season but obviously hasn't looked as secured.

I don't think it's a formation issue as much as it is a personnel one.

Chilwell's season ending injury and Reece James being out for 2-3 months in the busiest period of the year effectively ended our title hopes and any real hopes of competing in Europe. James is back now but is super rusty.

I think Tuchel went with a back 3 because it suited the team he took over. And instead of really being backed in the summer after winning the CL the club got him a striker he didn't really want and Saul. So who really knows what formation he wants?

Just to add, Tuchel doesn't have any serious forwards. I've got nothing but admiration for him for making us believe with arguably the worst set of forwards at any top club in Europe.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps

its-the-history-of-the-tottenham.gif

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

It's not sustainable and doesn't work without true wingbacks, he's committed to it hence why I want to see his vision with players he deems appropriate brought in. Even with that said a lot of the current players have been shocking for a while now