Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I'll say it again, Havertz is a better fit for Chelsea at CF. He runs the channels better and links up better with the rest of the team. :manny:

Gotta give you your props. You called this out from the jump that Lukaku was a wasted buy.

Tbh, I think it’s just Prem fans being impatient with players. It takes time to adapt to a new league and system. Same thing people were saying about Sancho but now he’s looking the player after some time.

It’s like a new job, most people don’t really start getting into the groove of things until 6-9 months in. Why should football be any different?

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
So weird how Everton was a threat last season vs the big teams and this year are now battling relegation.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

Zero sympathy for Everton fans, they're getting what they deserve :hubie: Imagine protesting in order to get Fat Frank to manage your club :mjlol:
Donny might have a relegation in his CV....:mjcry:
Zero sympathy for Donny as well :hubie: Imagine rejecting Vieira and Palace in order to go to a club in disarray because it's closer :mjlol:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sky hoping and praying for Newcastle to win :umad:

Everton
full

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
Gotta give you your props. You called this out from the jump that Lukaku was a wasted buy.

Tbh, I think it’s just Prem fans being impatient with players. It takes time to adapt to a new league and system. Same thing people were saying about Sancho but now he’s looking the player after some time.

It’s like a new job, most people don’t really start getting into the groove of things until 6-9 months in. Why should football be any different?
I'll be honest with you, Lukaku looks shot at Chelsea.

His body language is very poor and he seems to have lost a lot of confidence. It also doesn't help that Havertz has effectively benched him. Body language is important. Even as ineffective as Werner is in front of goal, he always has a positive body language and that's why he gets playing time. If the sanctions against Chelsea don't hold, it wouldn't surprise me to see Lukaku sold off in the summer.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

I told everyone in here for years and years Lukaku isn't as good as advertised. And most people said I was hating. :manny:

Lukaku basically spent what 8 years? in England before coming back he knows what the league is all about. Stop the :cape:.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
More and more "big" transfers are failed ones... not just Lukaku.
Werner, Greizman, Dembele, Coutinho, Hazard, Werner, Neymar, Messi, Pepe, Sancho, Pogba etc
They cant all be frauds. Whats that about? Pressure? Money?