Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
i know
but its still Juve and its still the Serie A

That’s true, but even last season they were on a downturn. They only got into UCL because Napoli choked in the last game.

They lost CR7 and a lot of the goals and it’s not until recently that they started firing and getting results.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
holy shyt :mindblown:
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich to relinquish stewardship of club

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich to relinquish stewardship of club
skynews-sky-news-breaking-news_5673559.jpg

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has announced that he is handing stewardship of the club to trustees of its charitable foundation.

In a statement, the Russian billionaire said: "During my nearly 20-year ownership of Chelsea FC, I have always viewed my role as a custodian of the club, whose job it is ensuring that we are as successful as we can be today, as well as build for the future, while also playing a positive role in our communities.

"I have always taken decisions with the club's best interest at heart. I remain committed to these values. That is why I am today giving trustees of Chelsea's charitable foundation the stewardship and care of Chelsea FC.

"I believe that currently they are in the best position to look after the interests of the Club, players, staff, and fans."

Calm down, Rupinderpreet. He still owns Chelsea. He's just handing over day-to-day running of the club to the CCF.
eUYUyG5.png

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
These talking heads and other media people expecting Roman to publicly condemn the invasion :beli:. He's trying not to get cancelled at the hand of Vlad like the other oligarchs in the past.

They're not serious. Nor consistent.

Do we also expect Nasser Al Khelaifi to criticise Qatari labour practices?

No statement from City owners on MBZ's culpability re the Yemen war

How about a statement from the Saudis on MBS :skip:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Glad Tuchel learnt from his mistake in the FA Cup final last season and has decided to play his best goalkeeper in a cup final.

These talking heads and other media people expecting Roman to publicly condemn the invasion :beli:. He's trying not to get cancelled at the hand of Vlad like the other oligarchs in the past.

I think it's more sinister than that honestly. Some of these people that are calling for him to shyt on Putin know exactly what the ramifications would be for him but they want him to do it anyway.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
They're not serious. Nor consistent.

Do we also expect Nasser Al Khelaifi to criticise Qatari labour practices?

No statement from City owners on MBZ's culpability re the Yemen war

How about a statement from the Saudis on MBS :skip:

Let's not forget the failure of the security services to protect the number of exiled Russians and assets who've pissed off Vlad and eventually ended up brown bread in England/UK.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Glad Tuchel learnt from his mistake in the FA Cup final last season and has decided to play his best goalkeeper in a cup final.

I think it's more sinister than that honestly. Some of these people that are calling for him to shyt on Putin know exactly what the ramifications would be for him but they want him to do it anyway.

Clout and baiting.