Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Levy:
200w.gif

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Leeds or Everton going down.

Sponsors were pressing them.

US Soccer should be investigated by the Feds. That equal pay stuff was only one issue.

Leeds I can see. Everton nah, they’ll stay up. The loss of Bamford was big to Leeds. As were other injuries.

But what’s the word on sponsors pressing the USSF, why did they care? What other issues are / were there that you know of?

I’m all for equal pay for equal work / proportional to income, but some efforts are actually asking for a subsidy from one side of the house.

The AU Open has the same purse for men and women but women play the best of 3 sets compared to men best of 5.

That isn’t quite equal work :hubie:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Leeds I can see. Everton nah, they’ll stay up. The loss of Bamford was big to Leeds. As were other injuries.

But what’s the word on sponsors pressing the USSF, why did they care? What other issues are / were there that you know of?

I’m all for equal pay for equal work / proportional to income, but some efforts are actually asking for a subsidy from one side of the house.

The AU Open has the same purse for men and women but women play the best of 3 sets compared to men best of 5.

That isn’t quite equal work :hubie:

The Women named them in their lawsuit.

The USWNT's lawsuit against U.S. Soccer has “brightened the spotlight on the women’s team” and along the way has “prompted sponsors to go to unusual lengths to publicly support the women -- despite being a sponsor of the U.S. Soccer Federation overall,” according to Rachel Bachman of the WALL STREET JOURNAL. Two sponsors, Coca-Cola and Visa, “made the plaintiffs’ witness list for the women’s case,” and a Coca-Cola exec was “scheduled to testify via video deposition on the company’s 'commitment to the WNT, the popularity of the WNT in the eyes of Coca-Cola, and the drive to sponsor the USSF because of the WNT,’ according to a March court filing.”

USSF Could Face Issue As Sponsors Sided With USWNT In Lawsuit

USSF is sloppy and begging for the Feds to come in. Since everything is in one pot and the men have been basura for a decade now, it made their case easier. Especially with the women winning the World Cup.

-----

Everton are managed by Frank Lampard and he has no clue what to do. That's 90% of the reason I'm not sure about them.