Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
I remember it all too well with all of those players. I never feared any of them like I feared Fowler as am opposition fan. He is probably the only Liverpool player that I wanted Arsenal to sign. He was, at least to me, a different level to Stan.

i think Collymore was best at Forest. He was immense at Southend, but that was obviously a much lower level. Tbf, he was unplayable a couple of levels down - far better than most others down there.

To be honest, I think both Fowler & Collymore were instruments of their own demises. Certainly off-the-field issues contributed to shorter careers than they could’ve had.

Edit: I’ll add that Rooney also struck the fear of god into me when he played against us. He was devastating against Arsenal.

Last edited:

nahnah

Superstar
Daps
Joelinton's transformation into a box to box wrecking ball is one of the best stories of the season :wow:

Daps
Joelinton's transformation into a box to box wrecking ball is one of the best stories of the season :wow:

He has been excellent recently. I’m sure that I read somewhere that this is much closer to his ‘natural’ position, and where he was playing on the pitch before he joined Newcastle. Apparently, Steve Bruce saw a big lump, and presumed him to be a decent target man :snoop:.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Kovacic is a good dribbler and a powerful runner over the first 10 yards. I can easily understand why someone who plays against him would rate him highly to be fair. :manny:

In all honestly, he's having an OK season but we're never completing for a league title (let alone winning one) with him as a serious player. That goes for Whorejinho too.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
The Ulrika incident and the dogging didn't do him any favours. His lucky he managed to have the broadcast career he has had :hubie:

Was the first athlete I can remember to highlight depression while still playing and not after the fact and he got a lot of shyt for that.

Collymore was probably the most talented English striker of the 90's. If you saw his Southend and Forest highlights :wow:. Liverpool career up was pretty decent for the first 18 months. The hattrick on his Leicester debut.

what does that have to do with what he said?