Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
FL5GITKWYAQbh7m

:blessed:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
People love a unique character whether the arrogant Cantona, Zlatan types or quirky individuals. Kante is a unique character in that he's extremely reserved, shy, kind and a devout Muslim who drives a mini Cooper while being one of the best players in the world.

which non-smiling "unique character" black player like roy keane, stevie G or party man pogbs do they "love".

every black footy breh that gets that sort of praise flashes those gums and keeps his arrogance in check. otherwise he wouldn't be loved.

which "no nonsense" breh like cantona, keane, terry is "loved" by brits? which zlatan type? zlatan is like mayweather and we see how much mayweather's "unique personality" is loved :mjlol:

gruff rough-edged people like ian botham, nigel mansell or keane are loved .. glitzy crehs like beckham, george best, gascoigne are loved .. normal black men like lewis, hamilton and christie are only "respected" while subservient grinning, skinning brehs like frank bruno, dwight yorke and mo farah get that love in their place.

skinning and grinning, laughing and joking brehs is what they love ...

'If I said what Roy Keane does, I'd never work again': Stan Collymore on punditry, racism, struggling to fit in... and why he's delighted to be back at Southend United after 28 YEARS away
  • Stan Collymore is enjoying working as Southend's senior football strategist
  • Collymore felt most at home at Southend during his eventful playing career
  • He admits that it was more difficult for him the higher he climbed in football
  • There are exciting plans at Southend for a new 22,000-capacity stadium
"‘Pundits get pigeon-holed. The fiery Celt, the clownish, funny, black guy. As you get older you want to be more than that"

54375485-0-image-a-24_1645211793948.jpg

"‘It’s disappointing for me to have disappeared to a degree but then I knew the only way for me to do a mainstream radio show was to be really funny or contrary. I don’t think, for example, there could be a black Roy Keane. To go on and say, “I wouldn’t let that player on the bus home” or “I would knock him out”. If I said that I would never work again.

‘Roy gets away with it because he was a respected captain and a fiery Irishman. An aggressive black guy? Not quite the same.’"

So, how did Stan Collymore end up saving Southend? The striker is back at the lowly club | Daily Mail Online

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

'If I said what Roy Keane does, I'd never work again': Stan Collymore on punditry, racism, struggling to fit in... and why he's delighted to be back at Southend United after 28 YEARS away
  • Stan Collymore is enjoying working as Southend's senior football strategist
  • Collymore felt most at home at Southend during his eventful playing career
  • He admits that it was more difficult for him the higher he climbed in football
  • There are exciting plans at Southend for a new 22,000-capacity stadium
"‘Pundits get pigeon-holed. The fiery Celt, the clownish, funny, black guy. As you get older you want to be more than that"

54375485-0-image-a-24_1645211793948.jpg

"‘It’s disappointing for me to have disappeared to a degree but then I knew the only way for me to do a mainstream radio show was to be really funny or contrary. I don’t think, for example, there could be a black Roy Keane. To go on and say, “I wouldn’t let that player on the bus home” or “I would knock him out”. If I said that I would never work again.

‘Roy gets away with it because he was a respected captain and a fiery Irishman. An aggressive black guy? Not quite the same.’"

So, how did Stan Collymore end up saving Southend? The striker is back at the lowly club | Daily Mail Online

The Ulrika incident and the dogging didn't do him any favours. His lucky he managed to have the broadcast career he has had :hubie:

Was the first athlete I can remember to highlight depression while still playing and not after the fact and he got a lot of shyt for that.

Collymore was probably the most talented English striker of the 90's. If you saw his Southend and Forest highlights :wow:. Liverpool career up was pretty decent for the first 18 months. The hattrick on his Leicester debut.

Last edited:
Daps
The Ulrika incident and the dogging didn't do him any favours. His lucky he managed to have the broadcast career he has had :hubie:

Was the first athlete I can remember to highlight depression while still playing and not after the fact and he a lot of shyt for that.

Collymore was probably the most talented English striker of the 90's. If you saw his Southend and Forest highlights :wow:. Liverpool career up was pretty decent for the first 18 months. The hattrick on his Leicester debut.

Robbie Fowler was the most talented of the 1990s, and I say that as an avid hater of all things Liverpool.

He was fukking unreal.

Collymore was very fukking good, though.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Robbie Fowler was the most talented of the 1990s, and I say that as an avid hater of all things Liverpool.

He was fukking unreal.

Collymore was very fukking good, though.

Fowler should of been the best but he was done and peaked way too early. He was the best finisher and had the touch to be a creator but I've seen variants of Fowler in Owen (Finishing) Rooney (IQ) Defoe.(No backlift movement) even before Fowler in Ian Wright (Variety of finishes) What variants of Collymore have we seen since? The closest is probably Voldemort
Greenwood and that's for the ability to shoot with either foot outside of the box. And not the other thing :hubie:
Stan was running past defences could bang them in with either foot in and out side of the area. Funny thing is Michael Owen ended both of their Liverpool careers at different points.

If Stan was a Brazilian called Stan or Collinho he would of been held in higher regard

What English striker you seen do this type of thing regularly?