Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh

fukk Piers Morgan, I don't want to cosign whatever agenda he has against Beckham

But Beckham was overrated

larry-david.gif

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
piers :camby:

he forgot that in addition to crossing and free kicks beckham had

0. defensively sound.
i. passing - ok short passing, 10/10 long passing. could play DLP.
ii. stamina - ran up and down the wing and could track back all day long
iii. injuries - rarely injured
iv. reliability - 6/10+ almost every game
v. mentality - never say die
vi. shooting - very good from distance
vii. positioming - understood the game. rarely caught out of position.

+ 10/10 crossing and freekicks along with reasonably good dribbling.

beckham (and scholes) on another level long passing compared with even people like xavi, pogba.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

flktdxdxmayxesz.jpeg

Idiot got stomped out and removed from a game for having a Mein Kampf tramp stamp :dead:

Lazio supporters would have put him in a luxury suite
full

Last edited:

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Overrated by who? As what? I've never heard anyone say he was the best player in the world. But is your take that he wasnt a great player?

I don’t really get the Beckham hate. Fairly rated player. No one puts him in any top 10 lists or anything.
Very very good player.. not everyone from that era is going to be Ronaldinho or Henry level.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Overrated by who? As what? I've never heard anyone say he was the best player in the world. But is your take that he wasnt a great player?

Nah he was a great player, I'm not saying he was shyt... His delivery too good for that. But there was a disparity between his ability and the acclaim he received

When I was in school he was def overrated by ppl around me not to mention the British media

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Nah he was a great player, I'm not saying he was shyt... His delivery too good for that. But there was a disparity between his ability and the acclaim he received

When I was in school he was def overrated by ppl around me not to mention the British media

The media made noise about his personal life more than his football. He was more famous for non football reasons which in turn makes people say he's not even that good when he was always a great consistent player. I'm not sure I would pay much attention to the judgement of school kids.